Changing default icon, how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing default icon, how?

I'd like to know how to change the default icon on the HS web page.

I'd like to change the motion sensor icon from the default on/off light bulb to the animated ones, but I'm not sure where to start.

I've collected many animated GIFs and I can't wait to get started [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm new to HS programming so if you can provide me with examples, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Try this...

Lets say the motion detector is on B14.

Make an event that is controlled by x10 on B14.

Go to the scripts page and put this in... &hs.SetDeviceString "B14","Motion Detected"

Make another event that is controlled by x10 off B14.

Go to the scripts page and put this in... &hs.SetDeviceString "B14","Secure"

Now in the homeseer folder under html put in 2 images called motiondetected.jpg and secure.jpg.

Hope this wasnt too confusing. There are many posts around on how to do this. You can take a peek at what it looks like from my status link below.

Eric Trudeau
    | E-mail | HomeSeer Status |

Comment

This thread contains the complete answer, including my single-event, one-liner version, and links to UltraJones' callback script version for handling many icons in once place.

Nucleus Home Automation
      News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Working...
      X