Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Album Cover and Artist Picture from script - HS.GETURL does not seem to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Album Cover and Artist Picture from script - HS.GETURL does not seem to work

Working on a script that will download Artist and Album cover pictures for the music jukebox webpages. Got the idea from the CDJ asp pages. Have modified them and need to know how to download via HTTP GET (from MusicMatch webserver)the picture files. The HS.GETURL functions appear to not download the complete graphic file. Wierd right?

Anyways, how about using the IE document functions? How would one do that? Not sure on the scripting functions for IE.

Otherwise, I guess I could borrow the MSINET ocx control from VB, right?

Any other ideas?
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

This is what I wanted to do in the movies asp panel to get the poster icons for each movie. It turns out that IE will download binary files, however, it will force a user confirmation of every file downloaded. This is to prevent wholesale download of images.

I put together a little program "FileFromWeb" that handled this job without any user interaction. It should work well for album cover/picture downloads also. It is contained in the Theater VR & Web post Movies.zip.

I did a little tinkering with CDJ and I had the album covers showing in the nowplaying asp panel. Wont the CDJ approach for getting these images work for you?

Comment

Actually I was just trying to write a independant script to perform the function. Everyone could then use it to get their album covers.

Another approach was to download all of them and store them locally.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Anyways, how about using the IE document functions? How would one do that? Not sure on the scripting functions for IE. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here is a script to download graphics using objIE.Navigate

I qwas just looking at it last night

A ggod source is &gt; BASIC Scripting Samples
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I tried the code you posted but it doesn't seem to want to download the image unattended. It opens IE's Save As dialog and just sits there. I went looking for what the command:

objIE.ExecWB 4,2,"E\A\optioncommunity_blue.gif"

does. ExecWB executes a command, 4 & 2 are the command and option. 4 is Save As and 2 is don't prompt user. I haven't found what the "E\A\" is supposed to do.

Here's links to where I found this info:
          InternetExplorer Events, Methods, & Properties
          OLECMDID definitions
          OLECMDEXECOPT definitions

It looks like it was supposed to do it without intervention. Did it work for you?

Paul

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It looks like it was supposed to do it without intervention. Did it work for you?
            <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, open the file but waited for save as.
            DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
            BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Try all you might, you will not get IE to download images unattended. Yes there is a property that is exposed to do this, but is intentionally forced to require user prompt. I had to go to a DLL to get the primitive access necessary to do this in FileFromWeb.

Comment

Krumpy, you can use FileFromWeb to download a single file on demand if you wish. You could even put a script wrapper around it so that the file is returned as the object of a function call rather than being stored in a specific directory.

Comment

Working...
                X