HomeSeer Web and Session Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Web and Session Variables

I upgraded to Windows XP Home and should have bought XP Pro so that I could have IIS. But then I thought I could use HomeSeer to serve my FrontPage web. I wasn't really using anything that needed FrontPage extensions so this seemed feasible. However, my web uses session variables. Any idea on how I can simulate session variables?

Jim Doolittle
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Put a bug in Richs ear to support session variables through the HS web server. It is by the way ASP enabled. The only way I have found is to use HS.savevar, HS.createvar and HS.deletevar. These are the most unintuitive methods I have ever tried to use but I did get them working once.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

GetVar/SaveVar would be okay for Application variables. For Session variables, I would also need to store a cookie on the users machine to maintain state. Of course, the user would have to have cookies enabled which is true for Session variables as well unless one is using "Cookie Munger".

Has anyone already done this so I do not have to reinvent the wheel?

Jim Doolittle
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

I'm also waiting on cookie support for some of the projects that I am working on. Rich has said that he plans on adding cookie support but he didn't have a time frame.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X