Run event onload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run event onload

I would like to run an event to reset my viewable webcams and set the default one on when someone enters the web page. Would like to do it onload or when the page opens but have not been able to find get it to work with javascript. I want it to work via javascript. Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Not sure why you need to use Javascript.
    Might I suggest using asp? Seems it would be a lot cleaner, and easier.

Skibum

http://www.skibumsplace.com

Comment

I agree with Skibum. If you want to affect something that is running on the homeseer computer such as X10 controls or events, then the ASP is the way to go. If you want to affect something that is running on the client, such as screen effects or local validation/feedback then the javascript is appropriate.

You could use the javascript with the onLoad and have it sumbit a form that is recognized by the homeseer server to do something. Basic support for X10 control is shown somewhere in the homeseer help files. With ASP, however, you have a lot more flexibility.

Comment

Here is a small asp to accept input from another htm or asp page with the camera to turn on. It will work standalone to always set camera 1 to on if the page is called. See the line if camera = "1" or camera = "". If the page is called directly the camera will = "". Give this a look and let us know if this is what you had in mind.
        -Rupp
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X