hiding device codes from guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiding device codes from guests

I have it checked to not display and in the guest mode the device code column is not there. No problem here, however if I click on a device it goes to add/modify device page and guests can view the device code anyway. Am I missing something here is is this a bug?

Bill

I think the intent of that checkbox isn't to hide the codes but simply to not show them to save screen space. But are you sure guests can get to those pages? (I haven't tried it as a guest.)

Nucleus Home Automation
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Yep. I just tried it again in the guest mode. If I click on any device it goes to the add/modify page which shows that devices code. Of course guests can't actually change anything here (I hope. I didn't try). It's not a big deal, I can't see anyone coming to my house and plugging a mini controller into an outdoor outlet and controlling my lights but it seemed odd that I have the option of not showing codes to guests on one page and then letting them see them on another. Really, why do they need to see them at all?

Bill

Comment

Personally, I wish we had an option that would hide all HomeSeer generated pages from guests and only allow custom pages to be viewed by guests.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X