How to Send Current Status to Webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Send Current Status to Webpage

I just got HS today so this is probably a newbie question. I'm doing my own webpages and can activate a device with a button no problem but how do I show its current status? (The device status page is apparently generated new every time status changes by the look of it.) I will want to display current status on both IE and Pocket IE (on a PocketPC) so in the case of the latter, I don't think I can use scripting within the HTML. Am I out of luck?

<%
    'device status 2=on,3=off,4=dim,17=unknown
    stat = hs.DeviceStatus("a14")
    response.write (stat)
    %>

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you are looking for live status updates on all of your web browsers, updated the moment any device changes, I don't think you can do that. For one thing, if you manually switch a typical X10 switch, homeseer is not notified.

However, you can use http META REFRESH to tell each web browser to update it's display at whatever interval you wish. This feature does work on my WinCE2.11 based machine running IE3 and IE4, so I expect it will also work on powerPC.

If you are using the standard homeseer pages, I think there is a refresh option in the homeseer settings dialog somewhere.

Bholio

Comment

Working...
      X