Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apache & HomeSeer

Hey all...
    I've been using HS on my Win2K Pro box for a long time now to control my hydroponics systems (X10) and a few security lights inside the house when I'm gone.

I've recently built a RedHat 7.2 Linux box and installed the Apache web server. Has anyone attempted to do this in conjunction with using the web pages to control the devices through HS?

I haven't tried it as yet, but I believe I can use WINE to run HS right in the Linux box OS.

Another thought that I've had is to use HS and Apache on a Windows box with Win2K Server installed as the OS. Anyone attempted this configuration yet?

Anyway, just a couple of things I've been thinking about.

Cheers. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I use apache on a RedHat 7.2 box with UltraView and PHP. It required a little duct tape, but it works great now!

If you're interested, here's my setup:

PC #1 (my daily-use computer)
    - Running HS with web server enabled on a non-standard port (i.e. 8080)
    - Using UltraView 2b5 (or whatever the last version before the .asp one) to write the ultra_view2.xml file to a directory that's shared
    - Hacked ultra_view2_xml.txt that also creates a file with a simple list of device ref's in the same directory.

PC #2 (linux server)
    - Running apache with PHP web site
    - Samba-mounted directory with ultra_view2.xml file
    - Hacked version of old ultra_view2.asp that reads both files (devices.txt and ultra_view2.xml) and still posts form to PC #1's homeseer web server to control devices.

Comment

Steve,
      That's great. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain when I get ready to start hacking my way through the stuff.

I'm off location right now and won't be back for about two weeks, but I plan on starting the migration then.

Interestingly enough though, I found this great program for Linux that is a web interface (Webmin) to the OS. Inside Webmin, I can add customized commands, servers, samba shares, configurations...you get the picture. I'm thinking that I might be able to include the web pages for my HS and make them accessible through Webmin.

Whattya think?

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X