Re-direct to Home Page after 30 mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-direct to Home Page after 30 mins

I'd like to add the following to all my Homeseer pages so that it will always go back to the default home page after 30 mins.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" delay=1800 CONTENT= "1800;URL=TARGET PAGE URL">

But I don't think I can do it for pages generated by Homeseer, am I correct? If that's the case, is there any workaround?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Simon

I'm not home right now, but I guess I can try adding that refresh tag into tail.htm or head.htm. Do you think it'll work? I'll try it once I get home and post result.

Thanks,

Comment

I used VNC to access my HS PC. I added that tag into links.htm and it worked. It defaults back to my home page in the time I specified.

Thanks,

Simon

Comment

I knew it wouldn't be this easy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I have one small problem and that is I can't get UltraStatus page to refresh since it doesn't use links.htm?

What should I do? I don't know where to add the refresh tag since it's ASP.

Thanks for your help,

Simon

Comment

I tried:
          <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" delay=100 CONTENT= "100;URL=/index.htm">
          on my ultra_view2.asp page
          in place of:
          <META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT= "0">
          <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT= "no-cache">

and sure enough it renewed to my home page after 1.6 minutes.

so you're good to go.

[by the way, what is Pragma?]

Comment

Isn't that the capital of the Czech Republic.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Skibum
            Skibumsplace

Comment

Google found the answer for me:
              <meta http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache;> causes the object not to be cached at all, chewing up bandwidth by forcing a full GET every time the object is referenced.

Comment

Ameridan,

I was such a dummy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I looked through the UltraStatus ASP file few times but I didn't see those META references. It's working great, thanks for your help.

Simon

Comment

Normally you will include that line of code in the meta.htm file (in the html directory) and then even the HomeSeer generated pages should go back to the home page after the time limit.

The New CarlosHouse.com

Comment

Carlos,

Thanks for your information. I have to drop the idea of going back to home page after 30 mins since it doesn't refresh CDJ and Ultrajones' UltraView and UltraStatus ASP.

It took me a while to figure out why these ASP pages don't refresh properly though.

Simon

Comment

I'm currently not using UltraStatus, but -as far as I understand- it uses the ultra_view2_xml.vbs script (from the Ultra_Status2 package) to refresh the status XML file that is later displayed in UltraStatus.

You could create an event to run every 15 or 20 minutes to refresh the XML status file so when the page is refreshed, it will have an updated status to display.

God luck.

The New CarlosHouse.com

Comment

Working...
                      X