New Comer on Web Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Comer on Web Control

Does anybody could guide me on using intranet and internet to control Homeseer ? I'm a novice in web stuffs.
    Thank you.
    Jack

To start with you need to enable the web server in the view> options> web server tab. Most of use run the web sever on a port other than 80 maybe 81 to start with. Then select the globe on the HomeSeer toolbar to see if the default web pages that Homeseer genertes works corectly.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

I'm having the same problem. I have chosen 81 as my port. when I type my IP address into my remote browser I get the error page (are not authorized, etc). I am using http://192.168.etc:81. is this not correct. I have not done anything with the default page or have any events that did not come as homeseer defaults. Thanks.

garycc

Comment

Rupp,

FYI: I do get the local device page when I click on the globe icon from my home pc.

Garycc

Comment

http://192.168.etc:81/stat and see what happens.

-Rupp

[This message was edited by Rupp on Tuesday, 23 April 2002 at 04:46 PM.]

Comment

Rupp,

maybe I'm not understanding. What program are you refering to? I am typing this address into my remote browser. By the way, I still get a "page cannot be found".

Comment

can you ping that computer? Go to Start/Run and type in that address (192.168.etc but no port) and see what comes back.

Comment

Garycc,

When you say that you are trying to access HS from a "remote browser", are you referring to another machine on your LAN or a truly remote site? The IP that you listed is an internal IP, it won't gain you access from another machine on the web. If you're attempting to access from an external location, such as the office, you'll need to know your external IP. Unless you have a static IP, you'll need to use a service such as No-IP to redirect you, or use a script to upload your IP to a webpage at regular intervals. See this thread for more discussion on this topic http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...084#5132987084

Zac

Comment

Yes the title was a cut and paste error. How about the ping?

-Rupp

Comment

I went to a web page that told me my external IP address 216.63.etc. and still could not ping my home pc from my work pc. I printed out the thread concerning this and will study it today. there must be some place or script file that I need to edit to make this work. I just haven't found it.

Garycc

Comment

A lot of ISPs block the ability to ping pcs due to all of the code red worm visuses. Post your ipaddress and we'll see what we can determine

-Rupp

Comment

thanks Rupp,

garycc

Comment

garycc, do you have a router? I tried the above url to no avail. Do you have a router? If so have you "opened" a hole to the pc running HS?

-Rupp

Comment

Yes, I have a DSL router attached to my Homeseer PC. I do not know what you mean by opening up a hole. Please help if you can and thanks alot.

Garycc

Comment

If so login and there should be an advanced tab. Check and let me know.

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                              X