Lost connection to remote disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost connection to remote disks

I have a home network set up with four computers with access from each computer to the hard disks in the other computers, as well as the SHAREDOCS directories. When I use the HS web server, I lose the ability to connect to the disk and SHAREDOCS directory on the computer that HS is running on from my other computers. I have tried using different ports, but the same thing happens. Any ideas??

What type of network are you running?

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Carletondm,
      I've had this for a very long time, and it is peculiar to one pair of machines: My office machine (XP Home) cannot seem to see the shared drives on my HomeSeer machine (98SE) when HS is running. It just seems to freeze the explorer window. Eventually (maybe 10 minutes later) it unfreezes. The really weird thing is that it is just between those two machines. I have two other Win98SE machines and a Win2K Pro laptop that can all see the shared drives on the HS machine, and all the other machines can be shared by the XP machine. Another interesting tid-bit: I upgraded the office machine to XP from Me, and it was the same problem under Me. Again, it only is a problem when HS is running. If I kill HS, the shared drives are visable instantaneously.

So... What could HS be doing that could affect the shared drives?

Steve

P.S. Just in case anyone asks: I'm using TCP/IP only (no NETBUI) on all machines.

Comment

I am also running a TCP/IP network and the problem occurs between an XP machine and the homeseer machine (Win98, except that when I exit Homeseer, the connection does not return. I have to re-boot the HomeSeer machine.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

-Dennis

Comment

So, are Carletondm and I the only ones seeing this? In my case, it is really clear that HS is causing it, since I can kill HS and everything works great.

Steve

Comment

Since you asked, my network shares are working fine.

Nucleus Home Automation
            News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

I am having the same problem. If HS web server is running on 98se machine, xp machine cannot access shared directories on the HS/98se machine.

If anyone has solution, please email me at:

mailto:ed@tenholder.net
              tenholde

Comment

Don't know if this will work for sure, but try adding NetBEUI protocol in Win98 and from XP, enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

Hope this will do the trick,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                X