Question for UltraJones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for UltraJones

I'm working on a new interface design for HomeSeer and I'm using your great UltraStatus (1.01). Everything is working fine, except the controls of devices. I want them to look like the control pad in the lower right corner of the screenshot and i want them static. Could you please give me some help?

CU

Never say never again ...

Ben,

I don't have an answer for you but I must say, very nice interface you have there.

Simon

Comment

What is this interface done in? Are the 3D looking backdrops just images or tables with images? I like it.

-Rupp
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Anything is possible :-) Is that "control pad in the lower right corner" an image?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

To htsource:
          Thanks for compliment. I'll post it here for everybody as soon as it is finished.

To Rupp:
          Graphics are made with Macromedia's Fireworks and the backdrops are made with css. Just have a look in "home-safe.asp" in the enclosed zip.

To Ultrajones:
          I've enclosed a zip from the old version of that page so you can see how the control pad is made.

Attached Files

Comment

... nothing new, no ideas for me?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ben:
              ... nothing new, no ideas for me?
              ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It probably would have been easier to help you if you actually provided the code behind the screen shot at the start of this thread. I didn't want to whip something together that wasn't compatible with your finished product.

Sounds like you need to create an on-click event for each device you want to control. That on-click event will pass the device code and device type to a function that would populate global variables (e.g. strDeviceCode, strDeviceType.) This function could also change the images of your control pad to show they are available for use. You can achieve this by toggling the image source property.

Your control pad could call another function (using an on-click event) to take action (on, off, dim) on the strDeviceCode and strDeviceType and post that data to the HomeSeer web server.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Enclosed you'll find the interface.zip with all necessary files (hope I didn't forget anything). In the home.asp I've already done the change to UltraStatus - only the new control is missing. Home-safe.asp shows the old version: you first have to click on a device-icon, then on the desired command-button.

Thanks in advance for your help! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry Ben, I just don't have the time right now to assist you. Hopefully someone else will jump in and offer you some assistance.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

So I'll have to try myself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] But if somebody has an idea where to start ... Please let me know!

Comment

Working...
                    X