Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

turning header.asp 'customheader' OFF from within ASP page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turning header.asp 'customheader' OFF from within ASP page?

How can I use the header.asp include but turn off, always, the customheader (not display the HomeSeer header info built by the header.asp) from within an ASP page... Independant from the device it is using?

thanks

I'm not sure what includes your using but if yours has this set of lines near the top:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    If Instr(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT"), "Audrey") &gt; 0 Then
    bTouchScreen = True
    Else
    bTouchScreen = False
    End If
    </pre>

Then simply change the second bTouchScreen to equal True and it will not show the default HS header.

Change to:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    If Instr(Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT"), "Audrey") &gt; 0 Then
    bTouchScreen = True
    Else
    bTouchScreen = True
    End If

</pre>

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you change the btouchscreen variable then you will get the touchscreen link buttons. If that file is empty the is suspect Rupp's suggestion will work. If this is not the case then you need to understand what aspect of customheader that you are trying to retain while defeating other parts of it. In some of my frames I am only interested in the sytle sheet for the PC or the body tag for the touchscreen and just put that code in rather than making a call to customheader. You call still use the FormatCell functions of header.asp even if you do not use CustomHeader.

Comment

rupp,
        i'm not sure if you mean in the header.asp or in the custom asp page?

basically, i'm looking for a way to use the header.asp include but place some code/variable/etc in 'newly built' asp page i create that will stop the customheader from displaying. while still retaining all header.asp functions & styles

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HTfun:
          rupp,
          i'm not sure if you mean in the header.asp or in the custom asp page? I never mentioned the custom asp page

basically, i'm looking for a way to use the header.asp include but place some code/variable/etc in 'newly built' asp page i create that will stop the customheader from displaying. while still retaining all header.asp functions & styles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you find the lines I mentioned in your header.asp file?

-Rupp
          ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.

[This message was edited by Rupp on Monday, 29 July 2002 at 10:24 AM.]
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If I change ther header.asp then 'none' of my ASP pages will get the customheader... right?
            I want to selectively choose which pages get the customheader, by page, not by device.

- maybe I'm missing something?
            - maybe it takes a mod to the header.asp to set the options by page, not by device?

Comment

You said that you still want the style and the functions but not the customheader.
              By customheader do you mean the Page Title, the Logo Bar and the Links that are at the top of the page?

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone
              My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
              Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

no title bar

Comment

In the current header includes you can not do this on a page by page basis.

But the good news is that several of us have been working together to come up with a set of includes that will work for everyones scripts. They are almost finished. We are in the final wrap up stages. Meaning I'm the holdup becuase I don't have the docs ready.
                  In the new header you will be able to turn off the logo bar, or the Page Title or both. You will be able to set an alternate style sheet, set background colors, background images, send code to put in the body tag, send code for the head section.

And it has been written so that it will work with secure links and work without secure links.
                  That means that someone who doesn't use secure links can install the TV Listings scripts and not have to edit anything to get them to work.

Jeff Farmer

--
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
                  X