Help with Internet Explorer and Java VM enable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Internet Explorer and Java VM enable

I have a Windows XP Pro machine with IE6. I went to a web site with a motion image (Eiffel tower webcam). A pop-up in IE6 asked about installing Java VM. I was confused, thinking it must have already been installed as a basic part of IE6 on XP. So I said NO. Now, Java VM (Microsofts? Sun's?) sites such as the Eiffel webcam don't display in this IE6. Another computer I have with XP Pro on it DOES display those sites.

In IE6's ADVANCED options, I made sure the Enable Install On Demand is checked.

Beyond that, I'm stumped. I use these Java VM websites on my HomeSeer server pages.
    Any wizards there have a suggestion?

Microsoft does not support the java anymore...

Go to the java developpers site and download the correct java package for your os.. I think everything works than.. They program their own java plugin for IE.

Good luck.

Greetz P.S.Y.C.H.O.T.I.C.

Comment

I'm naive - - Microsoft has their non-SUN flavor of Java. Or is it Java Script? Is there no Java VM from Microsoft?

So when I hit a web site saying I don't have Java support, does this mean it's missing Java VM and not Microsoft's Java Script? And Java VM is non-Microsoft now?

Comment

With the new IE 6 the java vm has been removed from the installation..
        Iam not sure if you can still download it from billy...(microshit) A collegea had the same problem on my site... I gave him a link where he could download the java plugin for IE...
        Wait i will check the site you...

Here is da link...

http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html

I hope it helpes mate...

Greetz P.S.Y.C.H.O.T.I.C.

Comment

Thanks - I downloaded that mass of code and now IE displays the java photo websites!

Comment

Your Welcome mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X