Is there another way to control
    homeseer using a WAP-phone and if
    so where can I find information on
    how to do that?

By the way, I'm using latest homeseer beta
    and Windows XP pro.

Best regards
    /Johan

ACK! I've had the web page up for days and just this morning clicked the download ICON and it was missing????? Just my luck. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

..unfortunatly it may be late.

-Rupp
      ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp...

Are there instructions included on how
        to make it work??

Is the WAPSEER homepage gone for ever???

regards

/Johan

Comment

I downloaded it a few weeks back I guess before it went dead.

-Rupp
          Attached Files

Comment

Tried the WAPSeer, but no Luck.

It seams to be the homeseer.application DCOM setup thats bugging. I'm using Windows XP Pro and
            the only thing that's visible in the DCOM configuration is HomeSeer.clsString.
            ID: {035FC316-C0C7-4327-A397-31DEC9EC7E7E}

I've searched the registry and in the
            HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT there are several other
            eg Homeseer.Application, Homeseer.Condition and more but they are not visible in the DCOM config.

Tried to delete all homeseer.* entries and restart Homeseer, but it just ends up the same
            way after it reregisters.
            Also used the /unregserver parameter, but no luck.

Also tried it on a second computer from scratch installation the latest beta, but it's the same.

Using 1.5.60 and tried 1.5.78

Any Ideas??!!

Best regards

/Johan

Comment

Thanks Rupp.

Comment

What do you mean "It seams to be the homeseer.application DCOM setup..." HS can not serve wap pages (at least as far as I know). You have to set up IIS. If I remember correctly I had to set up one mime typw ans it started working.

If your having a DCOM issue it would show up if you try to create a HS object in an IIS web page.

Give us more onfo and I believe we can get you going.

-Rupp

Comment

I am using IIS 5.1 but the problem starts earlier I think.

This is from the WAPSEER readme:

First of all, you will need to reconfigure the DCOM (Distributed Common Object Model) parameters on your system so that HomeSeer is accessible from all processes running on it. Click Start, then Run and then type in DCOMCNFG and click OK. A list of items is presented; look for either HomeSeer.Application or HomeSeer.DeviceClass, highlight it and click the "Properties button". Go to the Security tab, select the "Use Custom Access Permissions" radio button and click EDIT. Click ADD, type or select EVERYONE, click ADD, then click OK. Go to the Identity tab and select "The Interactive User" radio button. Click OK and exit DCOMCNFG. Note that some in the HS community have said this DCOM edit needs to be done each time you reinstall or change the HomeSeer EXE and this is probably right, so remember to do this if you do either of those things. You may also want to do this for the hsphone.Application object in preparation for forthcoming HS Phone support.

The problem described earlier is that I can't find the homeseer.application object in DCOMCNFG.

I don't know much about DCOM, how can I test it from a webpage?

Best regards

/Johan

Comment

Somehow I got it all working. I'm not sure why...

Anyone got a copy of WAPSeer 2.0 Beta 1.

Thanks in advance!!

/Johan

Comment

Sorry. I meant to tell you that I too only have HomeSeer.clsString in my dcom listings. In the future just set the DCOM parameters to this object and it should work.

Now, where did you hear about this new version of wabseer 2.0 beta1?

-Rupp

Comment

It's in the Scripts archive on this messageboard:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...611#5542911611

/Johan

Comment

Now http://www.carrotpatch.net/wapseer
                          is up again!!

/Johan

Comment

Justin -

You did a excellent job with Wapseer. Easy to use and to my amazement I had it setup in under 30 minutes. Ive been testing it with OpenwaveSDK and have a question. How would I set it up to view variable information? I have a "Status" page on Homeseer that shows temp, humidity, water used and so on.

Joe Colson

Comment

Hope everyone here has found their way to the current WAPSeer discussion (http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=4072993046) . Guess I should have looked around a bit more for WS related posts, sorry! In any event, the new page is http://wapseer.carrotpatch.net/

The current WS doesn't rely on IIS but uses HomeSeer's internal ASP server. It's come a LONG way from the WAPSeer of old. The current rev supports both viewing of variable values and device strings. FULL thermostat support is just about done, just one little glitch I'm trying to work out with changing the setpoints...

Justin

Comment

Working...
                              X