Web Server problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Server problems...

I have been trying for a couple days to get the web server and web interface working. I am running Windows XP Home and HomeSeer 1.6.x I have followed all the instructions I've found and the suggestions I've read on other posts in this forum but to no solution. Trying to access the web page, says the page can not be displayed. I've tried accesssing by LocalHost, and by the IP address that is identified when HomeSeer starts up. Neither way works. I can ping 127.0.0.1 or "localhost" or the IP address that is shown on the log file when HomeSeer initializes. All three methods respond correctly. I figure from this, that the web server is working.
    I do use the ICF, however, I did configure it and opened port 80. No difference. I shut the ICF off, and tried it. Still no difference.
    One thing I'm questioning, I looked in the ..\HomeSeer\HTML folder and I don't see the HTML or ASP files required to generate the HomeSeer web interface. This very well could be why the browser doesn't display the page. Can you tell me what the default page is, where it's supposed to be located and how do I get the required files if they're missing? Thanks allot.

Tom K.

Tom_K.

The default page is a page that is generated from within Homeseer in real time, and it would not be in the HTML folder.

Skibum
    Skibumsplace

Comment

Did you turn it on under view > options?

-Rupp
      ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
        Did you turn it on under view &gt; options?

-Rupp
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I did, and checking the log file to verify it says "Web Server started on port 80" and "local IP address is: 208.190.210.191" From this I assume it's running ok...

Tom_K.

Tom_K.

Comment

Your webserver works from here. I just typed in that address and it opened fine. You probably want to put some security on it.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alconnell:
            Your webserver works from here. I just typed in that address and it opened fine. You probably want to put some security on it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see from my log file that other's are hitting it. Only place I posted the IP address was here so I guess it's you. WHY THE HECK can't I pull up the page locally????? It won't do anything here!!!

Tom_K.

Comment

Are you running any firewall software? XP has a firewall built in? Did you try simply hitting the globe on the HS interface to see what is produced? Any ad/cookie blocking software? AntiVirus software?

-Rupp
              ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can you try to access from another computer on a LAN? You said you enabled port 80 on XP, how about trying another port??

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
                  Are you running any firewall software? XP has a firewall built in? Did you try simply hitting the globe on the HS interface to see what is produced? Any ad/cookie blocking software? AntiVirus software?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rupp,
                  I am running ICF for XP but have configured it and opened up port 80. I have also tried with ICF turned off, and no difference, either way. I'm not running any ad/cookie blocking software. I run McAffee virus software, but have not had any problems with it interacting with any other apps... Do run an anti-popup app, but dissabled it and that made no difference either.

Yes, I tried clicking on the globe as well as going through the address bar on an open browser window. No difference there either. I would also think, by going to the address http://localhost it would be totally local and would not be effected by a firewall, am I wrong?

Tom_K.

Comment

Working...
                  X