Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running a script from a custom web page, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running a script from a custom web page, possible?

I have some auto-generated HTML pages that I require a users input from ( ie a Form ). What I can't seem to get working is when submitting a form from within HomeSeer's WebServer, I want to call another HomeSeer script. Is this possible? If so, how? On that same note, I have tried to have the Action of the Form email me upon certain actions, is this not possible either?

From an HTML you can only do a few things like control specific devices and launch events. From an ASP you can do anything.

Nucleus Home Automation
    News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Hunter,

I was wanting to do it with HTML and JavaScript. If that is not possible, I have no problems with ASP other than I don't know the first thing about it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Is there somewhere you could point me to that would help me get a better understanding of how ASP's work?

Any input/help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I am trying to find Hunter's old page explaining ASP. It was concise and helped me understand the format and how it relates to HTML and VBS script. Here are the links.
        ASP Primer
        Explaination
        ........................HS.RULES!.....JG
        3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Sure wish someone would take it over and complete it.

http://hawthorn.mystarband.net/ha/aspguide.html

Nucleus Home Automation
          News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Working...
          X