Unauthorized change of device status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unauthorized change of device status

Hello all.... I searched for a while and didn't see anything that would answer my question, so I hope you don't mind if I pick your collective brains here..

I'd like to give users the ability to toggle the status of a device (say, a nightlight) from a webpage without logging into the HS built-in webserver... Really, I just want people to be able to toggle ONE device only that's viewable from a webcam for the gee-whiz factor.

I don't want to give out the regular trusted account, for obvious reasons. I'm sort of stumped. Any suggestions?

Thanks much for your time!

Sac

Sac, I use a small java app to execute a script and can be done via the guest login (You embed it into the webpage). I have an example here:

http://www.warcorp.com/modules.php?o...m&file=tracker

Click on the "turn me on button" and it provides a no-refresh button for homeseer i.e. it doesn't reload the page when you click on it. It's great for real-time items like streaming webcams...

Let me know if it's what you are looking for.

Warcorp

Comment

I definately like that.... Quick question, do you have to load the applet that flashes up about "logging on as guest" in order for your "turn me on" button to toggle that lamp? Or is that for the pan/tilt control for your camera...

Nice work, though... tres cool.

If you could share some information on how you accomplished that trick, I'd definately owe you one.

Thanks,
      Sac

Comment

What camera software are you using?

-Rupp
        ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sac,
          You are correct. The applet on the top is strictly for the webcam activity. The java button that issues the request to Homeseer is seperate. I will enmail the code and examples over to you. Unfotunately I can't take credit for the coding, just the implementation. The actual Java applet was written by Frank Snedecor.

Rupp,
          The app is called trackercam. It's actually written for the trackercam rcm (robotic camera mount). It delivers the video and the control to the camera mount. I also user webcam32 to generate the still images and the thumbnails. Trackercam has an exposed driver that other webcam packages can use as their video source.

Info on trackercam: http://www.trackercam.com

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Jim
          http://www.warcorp.com

Comment

Right on... I've got this puppy up and running, and if I could get a few of you just to verify that it works, I'd be happier than a pregnant woman in a ice cream factory.

http://fernplace.webhop.net/

Thanks in advance, folks.

Comment

Can I get a copy of the source for the "Turn Me On" button. Thanks Greg

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp, I just send on what I sent to Sacarino..

Nicely done Sac...works like a charm!!

-Jim

Comment

Thanks much.

-Rupp

Comment

How 'bout posting the code somewhere I'd like to try it out.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X