Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modifying the default homeseer web pages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying the default homeseer web pages...

Ok I mucked around with all the various html elements I could find. I found the /includes directory which seems to have a lot of the "functions" for generating the header, links bar, and the footer, etc., but I don't see any asp that acutally "calls" the functions.

It would seem that the majority of default homeseer pages is implemented in a binary? That seems kind of lame.

What I'd like to do is add my own links in the "Links Bar"
    Currenty:
    Home
    Status
    Events
    Log
    Control Panel
    Poll Device
    TV/Video Game Time
    Setup
    Help
    Log Out
    Mail

Is there any way this can be done? I see the web wrapper add in. I've implemented that on some new ASPs that I've ported from Robert's Control Panels:
    http://www.canoma.com/audrey/controlpanels/index.html

(yeah that conversion was a mess)...

But the web wrapper only includes the banner and footer, not the "Links Bar".

I'm using my homeseer webserver as my primary Audrey Home so it'd be nice to be able to add new links to the "Links Bar".

Thanks!
    -Zac Morris

I cannot speak for webWrapper, but the includes supported by CFGuy in SecureLinks are the ones I use for all my web pages. The links of interest are defined in the files links.htm and links_touchscreen.htm. When customHeader(Title) is called from an asp then it will suck in the links from one of these two files, dependending upon the client that is requesting them, and build them along with the banner. I have not yet got into the next level implemented by SecureLinks where the link definitions are contained in a database and are dynamically selected rather than a fixed set as defined in the two .htm files. CustomFooter is called if footer links are also wanted. Look for anything in the script library submitted by me with a [asp] keyword and you should find examples of their use. 80% of my development is targeted to Audrey so it should be similiar to your needs.

Comment

Ok great info. I did some searching and found good examples of links.htm I tried that and BINGO it works.

This is in my default homeseer web pages. You mentioned a links_touchpad.htm is that also processed "by default" without having to do any custom ASPs, etc? My Audry comes in Monday so I can't test it out...

Also you mentioned:
      "When customHeader(Title) is called from an asp"

Can you give me a lil more info on this? What's the syntax for calling this from an ASP?

Thanks for all the help!
      -Zac

Comment

<!--#include virtual="/includes/style.asp"-->
        <!--#include virtual="/includes/header.asp"-->
        <%

' This is the routine that checks user security.
        ' Comment out this line if you wish to make your page open to guest viewers.
        If Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") = "guest" Then Response.Redirect("/unauthorized.asp")

' This line creates the entire HomeSeer header and page title.
        Response.Write CustomHeader("Yahoo")
        %>

Thanks for this info! I'm sure I'll want to touch base with you after the Audrey gets in!!!

Thanks again,
        -Zac Morris

Comment

Working...
        X