iVista and Homseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iVista and Homseer

I've installed Homeseer on my win2k system and have the iVista 4.0 on my system installed and working.
    Is there a way to start recording on iVista if a motion sensor has been activated on my homeseer (x10) environment?

the motion sensor on iVista is too CPU intensive and I want an X10 device to activate it to send emails and record the motion for later viewing.

Thank you

I'm using iVista 3.1 with HomeSeer. After a fair bit of trial and error, I finally managed to set things up so a motion detector triggers a script to record a single image from the desired camera.
    The solution could be modified a bit to record several images but it wouldn't do so very quickly. In the end, I had to write a C program that gets launched by the HomeSeer script tied to the motion event. Check out this thread

If you're interested, I can provide the code or the executable (you might like to have a bit more error handling than I put in it!)
    If you find a different way to do this, I'd be interested.

Troy.

Comment

I will be needing a security capture feature off of iVista in the future and am interested in your solution. EMAIL or post at your convenience would be appreciated.

I followed your referenced thread and noticed a query for a binary capture capabilty from an URL. FYI, the "FileFromWeb" source that does this is contained in the theater2.zip

Comment

Troy, please send me the c code you are using.

Thankx

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding folks... I wanted to clean up things a little bit. Attached you will find zip file with a script that I use to cycle between cameras and to record a snapshot from the current camera when there is a motion event. The executable that grabs an image from the iVista web server is included along with the source. Note that my previous statement was a bit misleading... the source is an ugly hybrid of C and C++ and makes use of the Microsoft Windows Internet (WinInet) API.

To capture a picture when there is motion, create an event with the following in the script line:
          Note that the script has some old code that I was using for motion capture before I found out how to grab an image.

Let me know if you have any improvements to add.

Troy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Troy,
            I've just come across your script and successfully got it to save part of a picture but it's only about 1/3rd of the actual image. Any ideas why I only get a partial capture [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Also am I correct in thinking that you script also does capture of streaming video ? If so how to I call this option, ideally I want to capture around 30 seconds of video when called.

Thanks

[This message was edited by Simonk on Thursday, 10 October 2002 at 09:45 AM.]

Comment

I'm doing a "single shot" picture off my Axis cams by configuring the cam server to send a .jpg to an FTP server (mapped to a sub-dir of HS) and pushing the .JPG out as requested. I am primarily pushing to hspi_Message_Server client - about eight of them, actually, including having connected over a cell-phone even. I've also used this with e-mail push of pix.

Is it possible to configure iVista to simultaneously and continuously overwrite a file via ftp?

This method creates no noticeable overhead and works beautifully. It does not address the "record video" application, however, but it is a VERY simple implementation of what Troy is doing. I have tested it with pulling multiple files off the ftp (they're updated once per second) and renaming them as they come down and that works as well, giving you adequate "security video" quality.

(see profile for environment)

Comment

Working...
              X