Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIS, Linksys Router and Homeseer Question

Here's the setup:

I have a LinkSys router that forwards Port 80 requests to my Windows 2K Server running IIS. I am using Host Headers to host multiple web sites.

My step-father, who is has HomeSeer running on a different PC (Win2K Pro) also wants to host the HomeSeer web page on Port 80.
    He believes this can be done by having my Win2K IIS server point a web page to his HomeSeer PC and reference it's HTML pages. I'm thinking that HomeSeer and it's web page functions are not quite that simple.

Since I can only forward port 80 to one computer from my LinkSys DSL router, we have a conflict.

Does anyone know a way I can use IIS to forward a web or virtual web page to my step-dad's HomeSeer PC?

Check out this thread for some ideas. The thread is mainly about SSL implementations but it covers virtual hosts, sub domains and proxies. What you're looking to setup is relatively easy.

-Nitrox

Comment

Nitrox,

That thread appears to talk a lot about using Linux and Apache. My problems are:
      1. - Not enough available hardware to run a Linux box.
      2. - I know next to nothing about running Linux.

I'm going to re-read the thread later this afternoon. Maybe I missed something in it (but I was gathering that most people in that thread were working with Apache).

Comment

There is a distro for W32 that allows you to run Apache on windoze.

Jeff

www.apache.org

Comment

Maniac, sorry for the confusion, I wasn't pushing Linux but just trying to point you towards proxy servers, virtual hosting, etc. for which solutions exist on all platforms. Hope that helps.

-Nitrox

Comment

Working...
          X