Ultra_view2 problem reading Weather devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra_view2 problem reading Weather devices

I've just installed the Canadian Weather script.
    It's nice ;-). It feeds information from Canadian Weather web site into HS virtual Devices.
    ...but...
    Now Ultra_view2 is not able to initialize [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
    I receive an error message : "An error occured while parsing the XML Data ... An invalid character was foung in text content.

Is there a way to setup Ultra_view2 to ignore these Weather virtual devices (because of the special characters it contains)?

I don't know of the recommended way, but the way I got around the devices that caused these problems in Ultraview is to add a If/Then loop in the script that build the XML, to exclude these devices.

In the file HTML/include/ultra_view2_xml.inc, function "GetDeviceData" I added The following line after: strDeviceType = objDevice.dev_type_string & ""

'------ new Code Here

if (strDeviceID = "deva51456") or (strDeviceID = "deva76115") or (strDeviceID = "deva3170") or (strDeviceID = "deva78233") or (strDeviceID = "deva35946") or (strDeviceID = "deva81492") or (strDeviceID = "deva84504") then
    'skip it - it is a troublemaker....
    else

'---end new code

then I added a "end if" right before the "next" in the for loop. The easiest way to find out the "devaXXXXX" numbers for the device you want to exclude is go to your status web page and hover your mouse over the device name, you will see the devaXXXX string in the status bar as the URL you are going to navigate to.

There are probably better ways to accomplish this, but this is the first way I came up with and it has worked for me so far.

HomeSeer Status

Comment

Thanks for your help,

I've made your 'if - else -then' test based on the name of my meteo devices.
      It works well.

Comment

Working...
      X