Gist.com & TV Listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom,

Since I grabbed xmltv I've started doing some research on xml parsing. I tend to learn by example. The XML Weather script has given me a start on how to use the Microsoft parser. Maybe someone else on the board more familiar with XML can offer some advice on doing database type lookups on the xmltv data.

BTW the version of xmltv I downloaded today was just released Nov. 30. It seems zap2it made some recent changes that required an update to their parser.

Paul

Comment

I hate to break it to you (and to Rick, who wrote the weather stuff!), but the XML Weather script doesn't use the MSXML parser - it's all done the brute force way using string manipulation.

For an example of how to use the MSXML libraries to read XML directly, check out the code UltraJones wrote for UltraView - it reads an XML file and provides some good insight on how to do this reliably.

.NET is really the best solution (it supports XML beautifully), but it's not really supported in HS, I don't think.

Comment

Steve,

I pointed to the wrong xml weather script. Rick rewrote it to use the Microsoft parser here.

I forgot about Ultraview. I'll take a look at that too.

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X