Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra_View2_xml.vbs

Folks,

I dug through a ton of posts on this message board trying to find the answer to this but was unsuccessful - hopefully somebody or Ultra Jones can help.

I use to run Ultra View2 long ago but then I let it die as I was beta testing HomeSeer during the change over to XML for the config file. Now that it is all settled, I went to get Ultra View 2 going again and have run into a problem.

Floor plans, laying out devices, etc. is not a problem. When I access the ASP page, it draws my floorplan and then says that it is refreshing, it launches ultra_view2_xml.vbs and then that is it - goodnight HomeSeer - HomeSeer becomes unresponsive and never comes back. e.g. UltraLockup. ;-)

I know it used to have problems with virtual devices that have HTML in them, degree symbols, etc. but I thought that most of those issues were resolved. Am I wrong? Why would it start locking up HomeSeer instead of just erroring out?

Anyway, help would be appreciated - my wife would sure like UltraView going again.

Rick
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

I experienced this problem a while back. It turned out to be a conflict with Windows 2000, TV Tuner Card and my NIC card. Every time I refreshed using Ultra View2, HomeSeer would lock up. Do you have this combination?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra,

Not on the home automation computer. That computer is a 1.2GHz Celeron (256MB RAM) running Windows XP Home. As far as conflicting software or hardware is concerned, it could be the satellite efficiency software or perhaps even the cheap Linksys LNE100TX NIC.

How did you troubleshoot to find your conflict? Perhaps I could do something similar. Do you have a version of this script that is high-hog on the hs.WriteLog statements so I can see where it is looping? (Of course it is in one of the includes actually since this script itself is very short.)

Thanks for helping.

Rick
      Regards,

Comment

I pulled all the cards out of the computer except the NIC and video card and the HomeSeer web server started to work again.

You should be able to call it directly:

http://localhost/ultra_view2_xml.vbs

The output should be well formed XML.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra,

I have Rich helping me figure out the HS lock-up problem as I could not even open/execute the VBS on the machine locally.

In the meantime, I am building a HomeSeer machine for somebody else and just got done installing Ultra View on it, and I am having a problem with it on this machine as well - albeit different.

I am not getting any lockups on this other machine. I have absolutely no problem setting up UV2, but when the code is run, the floor plan displays, but not the device icons. One of the problems may be that I have only one floor (first floor) and there is nothing in the documentation about what to do with ultra_view2.txt in that scenario - do I set the image strings for the other floors to null ("") or to the same file as the first floor, or do I comment them out altogether? I don't know if that is related to the problem of the devices not appearing, but perhaps you can shed some light on that.

The refresh, switching of floors, etc. all works, but I just can't get the damn devices to appear! Out of the simple set of devices currently defined, I placed only two of them - a virtual device that has a text string for a string value (no HTML) and a lamp device. Neither one appears.

Thanks

Rick
          Regards,

Comment

Did you run the configuration tool to place the devices on your floor plan?

Comment

Ultra,

Yes, that is what I meant in the other post about only placing two of the devices - one virtual and one lamp device - it was with the config tool that I placed them with. There were no problems whatsoever with that placement. Each time I open that config page and scroll through the devices, the two I placed appear right where they should be, so the placement and generation of the location/config file is working fine.

That dog just don't want to hunt when it is for real!

Rick
              Regards,

Comment

Okay, so it must be with your XML. I need to add a "check XML" within the config tool....

Using Internet Explorer, goto:
                http://localhost:80/ultra_view2_xml.vbs

Let me know the results.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Ultra,

I did receive what I think is good XML...

Here is a sample.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
                  <!DOCTYPE DEVICEDATA (View Source for full doctype...)>
                  - <DEVICEDATA>
                  <SYSTEM LAST_UPDATE="12/20/2002 2:40:50 PM" UPTIME="0 Days 0 Hours 3 Minutes 11 Seconds" SUNRISE="7:08 AM" SUNSET="4:15 PM" />
                  - <DEVICE ID="deva55499" CODE="V2" STATUS="3" VALUE="0" TIME="2" CTL="0">
                  - <ICON X="-100" Y="-100" Z="0" FLOOR="1">
                  - <![CDATA[ off.gif
                  ]]>
                  </ICON>
                  <NAME>Internet Access</NAME>
                  - <STRING>
                  - <![CDATA[ Off
                  ]]>
                  </STRING>
                  <LOCATION>Computer</LOCATION>
                  <TYPE>virtual</TYPE>
                  </DEVICE>
                  - <DEVICE ID="deva41386" CODE="[1" STATUS="17" VALUE="0" TIME="2" CTL="3">
                  - <ICON X="208" Y="131" Z="0" FLOOR="1">
                  - <![CDATA[ disarmed.gif
                  ]]>
                  </ICON>
                  <NAME>Security Status</NAME>
                  - <STRING>
                  - <![CDATA[ Disarmed
                  ]]>
                  </STRING>
                  <LOCATION>HAI System</LOCATION>
                  <TYPE>HAI System</TYPE>
                  </DEVICE>