Showing files in folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing files in folder

Is it possible to construct a page using homeseer's web server that will build a page dynamically (with asp or just plain old html) that would consist of all files in that folder with hyperlinks to open them.

Thanks

rick

Here is a page that I downloaded from this board some time ago.

-Rupp
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

The sugested is EXACTLY what i needed. Thanks you are my HERO!b

-Rick

Homeseer sure is cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Here is a page that I downloaded from this board some time ago.

-Rupp
        I am using dirlist.asp to display files which are archived on a mapped drive. It lists them perfectly, but when I click on the file to run\download it the hyperlink thinks the file is in the HS HTML directory.

Any ideas how to get it not only to list the files on the mapped drive, but also hyperlink to them?
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

As a security measure you cannot download any file via the Homeseer web server that is not in it's HTML directory or sub-directories.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            As a security measure you cannot download any file via the Homeseer web server that is not in it's HTML directory or sub-directories.
            That is a pitty.

Does that also mean I cannot stream a wmv from a directory outside of HS?
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Sure you can but it's the application/applet etc that's serving this, not Homeseer.
              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Sure you can but it's the application/applet etc that's serving this, not Homeseer.
                Right, now I understand. Thanks.

All I have to do now is figure out how to pass the filename without the path from dirlist to another asp page.
                sigpic

Comment

dirlist

Hello

When I run this script I am getting the following message:
                  ActiveX-onderdeel kan geen object maken: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'
                  ( I think the translation of the dutch part of this message is: ActiveX-part cannot make an object
                  Can you please help me.

Iris

Comment

I use FileGrabber by Jon00. Excellent ASP page that'll let you access/download files on mapped drives as well as direct network paths.
                    Mike

Comment

Unfortunately the filegrabber program has the same problem.
                      Have someone else an other suggestion?

Iris

Comment

Try installing VBScript: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

Although it states XP, it should work on Vista & W7
                        Jon

Comment

Unfortunately also this will not help. When I run this download it say: Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to install this update.

Comment

Your best bet would be to Google something like:

vbscript activex component can't create object 'scripting.filesystemobject'

One suggestion is to try and re-register 3 DLL's which can be achieved by typing the following in the CMD box:

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll
                            regsvr32.exe jscript.dll
                            regsvr32.exe ScrRun.dll
                            Jon

Comment

Thanks!
                              It work ok now.

Comment

Working...
                              X