Link to Quickview.asp page???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link to Quickview.asp page???

Can someone tell me where I can download the quickview.asp interface?

Thanks

A search turned up several links to the quickview.asp

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No quickview.asp file found

Originally posted by Rupp
      A search turned up several links to the quickview.asp

-Rupp
      Since moving to the new board, a search finds several posts, but no links to the quickview.asp file.

Jeff

Comment

Here's one I had at work.
        Attached Files

Comment

Althought Rupp's quickview.asp has become the 'defacto standard' quickview, it has (beside all its strong points) some disadvantages. The most important one, in my humble opinion, is extensive use of response.write-statements. Most web-programmers learn that is you have to use more than 3 response.write-statemants in a dynamic webpage, you are not fully using the quilities of dynamic web pages. It also clutters the coding of the page, making it more difficult to view the structure of the document.

An alternative approach, with a limited number of response.write-statements, can be found in the discussion of the ultimate quickview. Maybe this is also what you are looking for.

regards,

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by --Richard View Post
            Althought Rupp's quickview.asp has become the 'defacto standard' quickview, it has (beside all its strong points) some disadvantages. The most important one, in my humble opinion, is extensive use of response.write-statements. Most web-programmers learn that is you have to use more than 3 response.write-statemants in a dynamic webpage, you are not fully using the quilities of dynamic web pages. It also clutters the coding of the page, making it more difficult to view the structure of the document.

An alternative approach, with a limited number of response.write-statements, can be found in the discussion of the ultimate quickview. Maybe this is also what you are looking for.

regards,

Richard
            This link was nearly 3 years old. Any reason to revive it now?

Comment

Ah no, did not see the date though. Someone probably refered to this thread in another (more recent) thread, I am not sure anymore how I found this one. The thread is indeed rather old.

Regards,

Richard

Comment

I have had (and still have) problems with my quickview.asp page (see my post http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=127651). I have now tried to rebuild the quickview page using the quickview file posted somewhere in this forum. I also tried to modify Richard's quickview which has totally different structure. In fact I like Richard's quickview because it is not based on the response.write-statements at all. I can edit the page with any html-editor. I tried today to look at my different quickview pages at work and for some unknown reason they open up very slowly or not at all. I don't undertnad this at all because at home they open up very quickly. My other asp-pages opened up normally when I tried them today at work. Any ideas?

Jari

Comment

Working...
                X