No password needed for the following subnets . . . Take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No password needed for the following subnets . . . Take 2

Thought I would start this up again as best I could tell the other thread did not lead to an answer. Running HS 1.6.66. All my local machines are 192.168.1.xxx I've tried entering a specific IP address, I've tried 192.168.1 and 192.168. I've also tried the IP address of my router (last ditch effort, I didn't expect that to work). No matter what I try I am prompted for a user name and password from every PC.

Anybody figure out why this seems to work for some, but not all? Original thread is here

Try to input it directly to your settings ini file and restart HS. Here is what my string looks like.

gWebSubNets=127.0.0,192.168.0,

Notice the trailing comma.

It works as advertised.......JG.
    HS2PRO - Ocelot, SecuIR, Secu16, Attendence Management Alarm Interface, X-10, LCD Studio VFD Display, 3 Apexis IP Cams, Custom Software Interfaces, GMQ Geiger Graphing
    HS3PRO - Testing

Comment

-Rupp
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

I have two pieces of information for you on this:

1. Back in what I think was the '40s builds of HomeSeer 1.6, I discovered that a space entered in between subnets was causing a problem - e.g. "123, 456" did not work, but "123,456" did. Rich has since corrected that and since you are on '66 I am pretty sure that is after the fix, but make sure you don't have any spaces in there just to be sure.

Second, you are probably accessing the HomeSeer web page from the HomeSeer PC itself, and what most people don't know is that your IP address is then a special "loopback" address of 127.0.0.1. Your PC has its normal 192.168 address, but it also has this special one. Thus, you should use: "192.168.0,127.0.0.1" and it will stop prompting you.

Rich has since changed the default string on new installs to something like this, so new users won't run into this issue.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I entered 192.168.1, and so far all seems to be working (Rick, I am accessing from another PC on the network). Now assuming those PCs outside my network get prompted for password (haven't been able to check this yet)........

Comment

Working...
          X