view stat source code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

view stat source code

How can I view the source code for the default status page that Homeseer displays as the default page? I can't seem to find a stat.html or stat.asp. I want to look at it so I can get a feeel for the code.

Thanks,
    Jabran

The default pages for HS are built internally on the fly.

Comment

Right click on the page and select view source.

-Rupp
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Unfortunately when you view the source you don't see the variables that HS used to build the page you see the actual values of a device. For example. I am using the WeatherMan script to get weather. I am trying to use that device to build my own page to include current conditions. Device W2 is Weather-Temperature. So I put this in an asp page:

<%
        dim temp
        temp=hs.devicestatus("w4")
        response.write "The Current Temp is: "+cstr(temp)

%>

It always returns 17. I changed the device address to a light switch and it seems to get that info properly. 2 for on and 3 for off or vice-versa. What's wrong with my little asp page?

Thanks,
        Jab

Comment

You do not want to use DeviceStatus. This reports if the device is on, off, etc. You want to use DeviceValue if it is set. Unfortunately I don't think it is. There's an option you can turn on to create a file called weatherdata.ini and this will store the temperature in a file that you can access using ini processing commands.

-Rupp
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X