What can the HS web server do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can the HS web server do?

I was using appache until I seen that HS came with it's own webserver. I understand that you can point it to a home page as long as its in your HS web directory. If I placed links on this home page would HS serve them? When using appache, I also used webcam32. This webcam client allowed me to place a link on my home page and via a little Java serve real time video. I was wondering if HS Web server would alow this. As far as Password protection goes I wrote a lil Java crypto thing that protects against outsiders viewing my rearend whilst in the shower. Is it possible that HS would serve these apps? And other linked to my home page HTML pages? Thanks for your help...

Yep.

-Rupp
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
      Yep.

-Rupp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes life easy. Gee I can't believe it. This Homeseer is a tight lil package huh? Very cool. BTW, you are a man of few words huh?

Al

Comment

I am using the HS Web Server because IIS 5.1 with WinXP Pro is limited to 10 connections. I have managed to duplicate most of the functionality but it is not 100% IIS compatible. Not sure about Apache.

To make it more fully compatible, HS Web Server needs to display default.asp or default.htm if url does not refer to a specific page and support added for Response.Buffer command.

Jim Doolittle
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Hang out at this message board for a while and you will see that you are wrong. Rupp is definitely not a man of few words, he just spreads them all over every forum on this board!

Rupp is one of those tireless individuals who apparently loves to help others as he is always there with a response or post to help out.

I know others have said this before but I may not have, so let me say that everybody on this MB appreciates everything that Rupp does.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies
          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Just giving back what was given to me and enjoying it along the way.

-Rupp
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

I set up my linksys router to forward requests to port## to an bunch of Ip's on my home lan. (Homeseer, webcams, etc) Seams ta work. I then placed a flash presentation into Home.html and pointed HS to use it as my home page - I selected "Page displays before status page and selected not to password protect this page. I'm still getting the password page: HomeSeer0 - Username- password dialog. What the hell am I not doing? Or doing wrong?

Another thing I found out is that you cant name your home page Index - If you do HS shows up with a scaled down version of your status page. I sthis ment by design? Or am I screwing this up too?

Should I put the HS server on the DMZ port?

Thanks for your help.

Al

Comment

Al,

Do you have this enabled under Options:

No password needed for the following subnets

In a private LAN, most of us use 192.168.1.x so you can use that with the following format:

What that means is that if you have multiple PCs in the LAN, as long as they're starting with 192.168.1, it won't prompt for the password.

As for putting the HS server on DMZ, I'd think twice on that. I also have a few things ported to the HS web (web cam, video streaming, etc.) and what I did to save some hazzle setting up the Linksys router is I use port numbers closely. For example, HS Web on port 1800, web cam on 1801 and video streaming on 1802. This way, in the Linksys router page, all I need to do for port-forwarding would be 1800 to 1802.

Hope it makes sense to you,

Simon

Comment

My lan uses ip's 192.168.1 from 10, 20, 30, 40 up to 100 I am using Ils on my lan to serve a flash intro that at the end redirects the user to the homeseer server thats installed off my lan at another location.

When a user hits my DNS they are taken to this Flash intro which redirects them to Index.html which resides in the html directory on the homeseer webserver. - All of this works. The following doesn't:

I set homeseer to allow users to view this "Home Page" (Index.html") and to do so without using homeseer's logon dialog.

I have selected in the options dialog under web access&gt;customize&gt; enable home page which I placed "Index.html" and checked the box under it so homeseer alows this page to be view without prompting for a password.

None of this works.

As soon as my ILS server redirects the user to homeseer it loads Index.html but also presents the user with homeseer's logon dialog.

I Need homeseer not to prompt a user for a username/password when presented with this home page. I do however need the user to be prompted for a password when they click a link on the page that points to stat.html.

Thanks for your help.
                  Al

Comment

Earlier in a post I mentioned you can't use Index as your home page. It seems to be ok with index.html bu won't except index.htm so that's one problem fixed. The second problem is still there. whenever a user lands on my home page - Index.html homeseer presents them with a logon dialog. Even when I have selected not to have the user presented with a logon dialog. It there a reg fix for this? How do I show my home page with out being prompted for a logon dialog?

Al

Comment

Try prepending the url with guest:guest@

http : //guest : guest @ myserver : myport/
                      ..JG
                      HS2PRO - Ocelot, SecuIR, Secu16, Attendence Management Alarm Interface, X-10, LCD Studio VFD Display, 3 Apexis IP Cams, Custom Software Interfaces, GMQ Geiger Graphing
                      HS3PRO - Testing

Comment

Didn't think of that - That may do the trick. I'll try it as soon as I can get in front of the homeseer webserver. I guess all other options will stay the same in homeseer. Just redirect to: http : //guest : guest @ myserver : myport/ Correct?

Thanks for the help
                        Al

Comment

Working...
                        X