Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another newbee question...

I noticed that the homeseer logon displays:

HomeSeer0 then HomeSeer1, HomeSeer2 - so far it's up to HomeSeer5.

This seems to increment each day. Does this prompt count the instances of homeseers webserver? Do I have five instances of the webserver running? What is this keeping count of?

Thanks for taking a look.
    Al

No response from anyone on this question?

Comment

No it's not a dumb question. I see this where browsing from work alot. Some days I have to login several times and the login screen reports as high as HomeSeer8 or even higher. I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the firewall at work but maybe Rich or Rick can comment.

-Rupp
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That number is a login count. It does not indicate an instance of the server - it actually has pretty much no relavance to the server process. It even wraps around at some point.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
        HomeSeer Technologies
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Is there anyway to suppress this information. The reason I ask if you check to have IE remember your login/password combination and this number bumps up then IE thinks its a new login and doesn't remember the last entered data.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp:

Maybe this has something to do with logon attempts and homeseers uptime log. You are right about HS not accepting passwords or needing to reenter passwords from time to time. Are your drives NTFS or FAT? I wonder if that has anything to do with HS authentcation

Comment

The count is used for security and keeps anyone from walking up to your PC and connecting to your home server. It will force you to log in again. For security reasons, I won't discuss details of this in a public forum. Feel free to email me if there is an issue.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC

Comment

Wierd - I connect from work to home and I have the remember my password checked. I can connect a dozen times a day and never have to enter my password. Using HS 1.6.99. I've never really paid that much attention to what releam it's connceting to.

Bryan
                (Config is in my profile)
                Bryan
                (Config is in my profile)

Comment

I have to re-enter my password every time due to the fact that a new realm is added. I just wish I knew why but guessing I would say it has something to do with our proxy server at work.

-Rupp

Comment

Funny, I went into options and selected not to prompt a user with a password for my home page Index.html - HS still prompts me when I sign on and when I do, Index.html paints ok. When I click on a link that points to stat - HS increments to another realm. This keeps going - I have had it up to 10. Another lil thing is that you Must log out. I jumped to Msn.com and was able to point to my dns - see index.html with no prompt and also see stat with no password. cookies I suspect. I am using HS web server on XP home edition. I don't have IIS installed on that machine. I know that my isp has port 80 disabled so I use another port on HS The only problem is when I want to address HS webserver I have to put: http://myDNS.dns2go.com:myport I'm pretty sure HS would work if my port 80 was switched on. Any comments? Or am I running up the wrong tree?

Comment

Rick:

"The count is used for security and keeps anyone from walking up to your PC and connecting to your home server. It will force you to log in again."

Yep that was somewhat evident however it has a few problems. Loop da loop.... or doesn't pick up correctly. Worse, you can slip under. I suspect this can only happen in my case - read my previous post. Am I on target? If I am then I need to find an alternitive way to host HS and give up trying to host this without port 80 available. BTW you can't slip under if you have force logon if idle is selected under options. I have that selected now so thats not an issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X