• nmx
    Guest replied
    What you really need to do is add a line to the CSS that says:

text-decoration: none;

That should do it.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Kern
    replied
    Well, I had all the TEXT-DECORATION lines removed already, so it was as firtha suggested about my own IE settings. What is puzzling is that when I look at your site Rupp, with my IE settings set to always show links as underlined, I do not see them--where with mine I do. No big deal for when I am looking at it, but the fact that I have show links turned on and don't see them on yours doesn't make sense. Thanks again.

-Tom

Leave a comment:

• Tom Kern
    replied
    Ok, thanks guys. I did uncheck everything I saw in the style.css that said underline but I will look for the TEXT-DECORATION: entry when i get home tonight. Thanks again!

-Tom

Leave a comment:

• firtha
    replied
    Take the underline property out of A:visited, take the underline out of A:hover.

IN Internet explorer, goto tools, internet options. Click the Advanced tab, scroll down to 'Underline links', and click the 'hover' radio button.

This makes all your web pages underline only when hovering, which is what I think you want....

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Look in the file style.css in the html directory and do a search for

A:hover
    {
    FONT-WEIGHT: bold;
    FONT-SIZE: 8pt;
    COLOR: gray;
    FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    TEXT-DECORATION: underline
    }

Delete the TEXT-DECORATION: underline line to prevent underlining of the links.

-Rupp

Leave a comment:

• Tom Kern
    started a topic How to make a link look normal text

How to make a link look normal text

I asked this before but didn't get a response so I thought I would post a new topic. Does anyone know how to change the links on the web page to appear like normal text? All mine have underscores and many other web pages I've seen don't. (until you hover over them) Thanks for the info...

-Tom

[This message was edited by Tom Kern on Thu, 24 April 2003 at 08:50 PM.]
Working...
X