Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me get going on editing the web page.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me get going on editing the web page.....

If I wanted to say change the color of the background, how would I go about doing this? I am a little familiar with html code, hovever, what do I do to get into it? Please be really specific because I am not that talented, but if someone could get me going I think I'll be alright.TIA Mike.

Mike,
    Go HERE to find a great HTML Reference. There is also a great VBScript Reference HERE.......JG
    3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Here is a site that is a good reference. I pointed you to the background description, but many others are availableBackground tag

Comment

I know this sounds stupid but what is the name of the file on my computer I am trying to edit?

Comment

Are you wanting to change the background on the page that is generated when you select the status hyperlink? If so then goto View > options and select the web interface tab. The click on the button customize web site. Near the bottom left is a button named Edit Style Sheet. Select this.
          The first tag is the body tag (unless you have edited this file before). The background-color is the value you need to change to change the background color on the HS status page. The page is generated on the fly and thus reads the style sheet for proper rendering.

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp that was exactly what I was looking for. Now how bout if I want to make a different start page? I wrote some html code in notepad then placed the text file in the html folder, made the proper changes in the web interface tab, and It is not generated. Is that where I am supposed to have it generated from, the html folder? Does it need a special extension?

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words. If you have created an html page and placed it in HS/html directory then substitute your name for the tailhome.htm file.

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
              Attached Files
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Exactly what I needed to see. Thankyou very much. I was entering the wrong link.

Comment

Working...
                X