Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON/OFF color

Hi There,

I wonder if someone can tell me if it's possible to change the ON/OFF color of the web interface for CUSTOM strings?

I have a custom string for my projector screen. So, istead of displaying ON, it displays DOWN. This is great accept it stays grey. Normally, a device would change to yellow, and display a bulb icon.

Is there a way to change this ? the color ?

Also, is it possible to add a custom icon when the device is on ?

Any help appreciated.

Marc

[This message was edited by Marc Fuller on Wed, 23 July 2003 at 09:19 AM.]

Hmm, well I found in STYLE.CSS

tablecellcustom

That will change it to a different color all the time. It doesn't matter if it's on or off. I want it grey when off and yellow when on. Is this possible ?

I also found custom.gif for the icon, but again, that is not sensitive to on/off states.

I'll keep looking

Comment

You can embed a bunch of extra HTML formatting in the DeviceString that can partially control the cell color, but there'll always be a border around that in tablecellcustom color. The only way out is to stop using HomeSeer's built-in, limited web pages and make your own ASP.

Nucleus Home Automation | System Specs
      News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Marc, are you aware of the way HS will use a custom device STATUS string to select a custom gif file for display? For example, you said you have your projector screen saying DOWN instead of ON. If you create a gif file with the same name, that is, down.gif, HS should display that gif file on its device status page. For strings with spaces, omit the spaces in the gif filename, so if your string is "SCREEN DOWN", the corresponding gif file would be screendown.gif.

Remember that if you change the on.gif or off.gif, it will change for ALL devices that use ON or OFF for their status icon.

As far as background, just make your gif file like a button with the color of your choice...

- Gordon

"It said Windows 2000 or better, so I installed Linux..."
        |
        | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
        HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Oh wow, I never new that Gordon. Just tested it, and it's perfect !!

Thankyou very much

Cheers

Marc

Comment

Working...
          X