Admin & Guest control from web.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admin & Guest control from web.

I have an asp page that admin & guest can select a camera to view. It worked before for guests before anyway. What setting do I need to redo to allows guests control over webpages.
    Here is a sample of the code:
    <form name="form3" method="post" action="">
    <input name="imageField3" type="image" src="xcam.gif" width="35" height="35" border="0">
    <INPUT type=hidden value="WEB_PoolCam" name=run_event>
    <strong><font color="#336699" face="Tahoma">Avail</font></strong>
    </form>

Brent Kacian www.bkacian.com
    phillips_brent@hotmail.com
    Homeseer - Ocelot
    &hs.please "sign" @the, guestbook,true

The guest control is probably controlled by a line like:

If Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") = "guest" Then Response.Redirect("/unauthorized.asp")

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Nope. Guests can access the page. You can click on the icons - the event just don't fire as a guest.

Comment

Make sure you check the "Web page guests can trigger" on the properties of the event.

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?

Comment

Good idea - they were not checked.
          But still as a guest, it will not fire the event - even when checked!!!

Comment

I'm out of ideas. What exactly did you mean by "It worked before for guests before anyway."?

-Rupp

Comment

I recently rebuilt my HS server -this page was made and worked before I rebuilt. This new server, is much smoother, faster and is running very well. I'm going over everything to make sure that is in tip top shape. I just noticed that guests are unable to change the cameras.

Comment

Are you running XP or Win2k? If so check out your DCOM configuration and make sure that it is set up correctly.

-Rupp

Comment

I already did the DCOM settings, and then double checked them. I have a couple other links working. weird........

Comment

How about the permissions on the file itself?

-Rupp

Comment

And of course rebooted and/or restarted apps after the changes...

I assume you are using IIS for the ASP pages, instead of HS internal web server. What version of IIS are you using?

- Gordon

"It said Windows 2000 or better, so I installed Linux..."
                      |
                      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
                      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Works now.

Rupp - I think the check marks on "Web page guests can trigger" - did the trick. I just didn't close the web page after I checked them is my only guess. Walked away from it all, and sure enough, I come back and it's working.

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Working...
                        X