unauthorized.asp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unauthorized.asp

I have deleted all unauthorized.asp out of the Homeseer directories. I have a new one built that I prefer to show up. Yet I still get that abrasive RED ERROR monster popping up!!! How do I kick that to the curb and put my own in play ??

Brent Kacian www.bkacian.com
    phillips_brent@hotmail.com
    Homeseer - Ocelot
    &hs.please "sign" @the, guestbook,true

If your using the "built on the fly" HS pages you can't. It's built on the fly as well. Only the pages you build can be redirected to your unauthorized.asp page.

-Rupp
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp (the HS BB GOD)

Thanks again.
      I was experiencing that. So the only way around it is to completely build ALL pages, Bummer.

I suppose I'm heading down that path already though.

Brent Kacian www.bkacian.com
      phillips_brent@hotmail.com
      Homeseer - Ocelot
      &hs.please "sign" @the, guestbook,true

Comment

BK-

I recently added the guest user check to my links.vbs in addition to each asp page and I think I like that better. This way, you still get the protection of the unauthorized.asp within each page (in case they type the pagename right in the url), as well as showing them selective links right from the beginning. This works better for me because I was having a hard time with certain unauthorized redirects flashing the unathorized code or a white screen for a split second. The guest never has an opportunity to click on a protected page. Actually, I may just show all the links and take out the aref link part during guest logon. Maybe change the color slightly as well for inaccessable links like I have seen others do.

-Tom

Visit my HomeSeer at http://68.55.67.82:81
        -Tom

Visit Kernhome
        Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Add
          If Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") = "guest" Then Response.Redirect("/unauthorized.asp")
          to the .asp code in your pages you want locked down.
          I was trying to protect my calls incoming & outgoing page, worked great.

Oh- and create an "unauthorized.asp" file in the /html dir for it as well.

Comment

tia
            michael

Comment

Near the top but it must be between the <% and %> asp tags.

-Rupp

If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

rupp,
                thanks! i am getting closer. i was trying to copy something like the select 'Log' function when logged in as 'guest'. so far i still have some work on it.
                michael

Comment

Have a look at this thread:
                  http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...144#7762994144

There is an asp page in this thread call dir_list.asp see it for where to put the security check.

-Rupp

Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
                    Have a look at this thread:
                    http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...144#7762994144

There is an asp page in this thread call dir_list.asp see it for where to put the security check.

-Rupp

Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rupp,

Thanks!

michael

Comment

Working...
                    X