Hyperlinks on IR Webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyperlinks on IR Webpage

Is there a way to add extra buttons to the inbuilt Homeseer IR web pages that DONT fire IR commands?

What I'd like to do is have source selection buttons displayed adjacent to the IR control buttons. Selecting a source will take you to the IR control page for that source and the relevent IR buttons. I know I can do it with inline frames, but my pocket PC cant use them. Is there an easy way to do this?

Jon

details of set up in profile

I have succeeded through sheer bloody mindedness and I'm quite pleased with the results. Now I have it all set up its not too bad to chop and change as I please.

The actual IR pages are the HomeSeer 'out-of-the-box' pages with custom icons. The IR control is done through a HomeSeer/Ocelot combination. I can now control my AV set up through my pocket PC anywhere where my WiFi reaches. Much more flexible than a pronto, half the price plus I can browse the web, check my email and play games on it.

The only negative point so far is that my cable box requires repeated button presses for say 'channel 111' and the combination of pocket pc/wifi is not fast enough. I am now working on a quicklinks page using a channel logo image as a button to fire off IR macros.

Jon

PDA screenshots

[This message was edited by JPLeedsUK on Sun, 17 August 2003 at 11:13 AM.]

Comment

Nice job... Don't forget to post it in the Script Library for all to enjoy!

--
      Aaron

Comment

Its not a script, just a couple of webpages.

I have included ce.asp though credit must go to Pete Garyga for writing that.

The bulk of the work is setting up your IR devices. Its a bit of a fiddle, but works well once you've done it (that bits built into Homeseer for those who have not discovered it). You'll need to change the links in sources.html to suit your devices.

Jon

details of set up in profile
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X