Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultraview Problems

Hi There,

I'm new to the realm of Homeseer and am having a few problems getting UltraView working. I have Homeseer running fine, and it's all happy. I've run though the setup of UltraView, but am getting stuck on the part that involves defining the floor plans. The file Ultra_View2_config.asp reports that it cannot talk to Homeseer. Funny enough I had the same problem with HomeManager.

If I create my own asp page, and do a hs.ExecX10 "B16","on",0,0 then homesee shows this activity in the log, so I know they are talking. So, why can't Ultra View see it ?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Marc

The ultra_view2_config.htm file must be loaded from disk and not served through the HomeSeer web server. Are you double-clicking the file within the HomeSeer/HTML directory?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm having a similar problem with doing the floorplans. I am double-clicking the file - I have also disabled the HS web server to be sure. After the warning dialog about activex controls pops up, I then get an Major Error - Load Failed. No HomeSeer devices found.

I also tried just doing the setup for the Status page (that's all I really want) by following those setup instructions to create the ultra_view2.cfg file and still no success - noting appears in the ultra status page except the headers. No errors in the HS log.

At one point, this worked fine on this system. I recently got back to it to update the status page for new sensors I added and noticed things not working. I did a cleanup and full reinstall thinking I had broken something along the way but with the same results. Any help is appreciated.

aldon

Comment

I spend this lovely sunday in drawing my groundplans and now I`ll create the devices.

So I start the ultra_view2_config.htm, set the direktories for the plans and will load the devices.

But...
        I alsoget that Error - "Load Failed. No HomeSeer devices found."

After the warning dialog about activex controls pops up, I then get an Major Error - Load Failed. No HomeSeer devices found.

Thanks for responds ( I Hope I get some...) ;-)

Eric

from Germany

Comment

Try using the included ultra_view2_config.hta file instead. Let me know if that works...
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hello Ultra , thank you for your quick response.

I try the ultra_view2_config.hta file but I get the same error.

Eric

Comment

One (!!! ) of my 368 devices had a wrong name: "meditation"

It seems that the " signs are the trouble-makers.

I removed they an all my devives are loading.

Thanks a lot to BEN. He helps me a lot at the phone to find that solution.

Thanks to Ultra also for your help.

Greetings from Germany

Eric

Comment

Some more info: it's not only the " which makes trouble - there are several other characters like ä, ö, ü, ß... The whole thing is XML-dependent: one way to solve this take a look in the XML-documentation at MSDN and search for that "unallowed characters", try to avoid everything else than a, b, c...z and the digits from 0 to 9 in your device names.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Never say never again ...
                ---
                HA products for Europe: http://www.comm4all.com

Comment

Working...
                X