Web access - No-ip problem ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web access - No-ip problem ?

I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I have a Netgear 814 Router on which I've port forwarded 3015 which I've also set up on HS

My prolems is if I enter my WAN address ie 81.129.94.15:3015 from outside the LAN I can access HS no problem.

But if I try www.Name.no-ip.org:3015, I get page cannot be found.

Any ideas ? Any help gratefully received

Sounds like no-ip isn't resolving to your current IP. I assume you don't have a static IP or you wouldn't necessarily be using no-ip. Are you sure that the client side of no-ip is running and configured correctly? I believe this software tells the no-ip server what your current IP is, and then no-ip maps your designated URL name to it. If you can get in with a IP path, then the problem is likely resolving the URL to your IP.

Comment

Typically, no-ip.com uses name.no-ip.com, with no www in front... are you sure it's .org, as well?

Post your URL and we'll try it.

- Gordon

"Security is EVERYONE'S business!"
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response David, yes you are correct in assuming I have a dynamic IP hence the no-ip "solution"

I can confirm it is running OK, can anyone confirm that indicating the port after the address in the way I have shown it is correct ?

Are there any configuration settings in no-ip I should be looking at?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, the port is correctly formatted.

- Gordon

"Security is EVERYONE'S business!"
          |
          | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
          HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Thanks Gordon, it was as simple as not putting the www in front ........Arrrrrrgh

Oh and BTW .org is correct for my setup

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
            X