Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with control from web

ok here is what i need to do:

I have another web site runing on a totally differnt server than the homeseer computer. i want to add a button on that web site that will run a script on the homeseer computer. I dont want to have a password request pop up ( even though i have the password option set on the main homeseer pages )

any ideas how to do this?

detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...2&m=9716036614

-Rupp
    Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

whew been sooo busy moving, but at last we are settled ( apart from the fact we almost lost 30K due to fraud on part of the person selling the house ) its all sorted out now , so its back to working on homeseer, well that and rebuilding our home theater and everything. this should keep me happy for another 6 months to a year. I dont know which is worse, designing a system from scratch or having to redesign a working system to fit in a new house.

Comment

Your move must be a real undertaking, since you had quite an investment in automation / web servers / etc...
        You will probably be reinstalling lots of stuff. Do you have any plans on documenting any of this? I remember the most excellent video you did with the RoboMower. May we anticipate something similar on your move?

regards,

GenevaDude

http://AutomatedHome.org

Comment

CBL,
          Just form the link URL for the button with the user : pasword in the string,
          eg: http://myPassword : myUserName @ myServer : myPort/myAsp ?myString=myPost

sorry for the spaces, those nasty emoticons.....JG
          HS2PRO - Ocelot, SecuIR, Secu16, Attendence Management Alarm Interface, X-10, LCD Studio VFD Display, 3 Apexis IP Cams, Custom Software Interfaces, GMQ Geiger Graphing
          HS3PRO - Testing

Comment

the problem with this is that someone can see the password which isnt very good as 90% of the house can now be controlled though the hs system.

any other way?

I had found that hs.run seemed to circumvent some of the password stuff.

Comment

Couldn't you set it up as an event, check the "allow guests to trigger" check box only for that one event, and then, useing the technique as above, use http://guest:guest@blahblahblah in your button.

My HomeSeer
              John
              Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
              Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
              HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
              Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

yep, that will work

Comment

ok that wont, it seems that even with guest acess on the guest and guest passwords wont work.

any ideas whay? also is there a directory i can put 3 asp pages in that people can acess without a password? i would like to give these pages access to anyone but be able to keep the rest behind a password protected area

Comment

That's Odd. HomeSeer Help, Section 3.6, Event trigers says:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Web Page Guests can Trigger
                    When guests log into your HomeSeer web site they can view the status of your devices and see your events. They cannot make modifications to your device configurations, events, or force a trigger of an event or control a device. There may be situations where you might want to allow a guest to trigger some action for a subset of your devices. If you enable this checkbox, guests will be able to trigger this event. This can be used for moving a web cam for example, or allowing the control of a particular lamp to get someone’s attention.

Note that the Web Page Guests can Trigger option affects the triggering of events only. If you would like to allow a guest to control a particular device, assign the device to an event and give the guest access to that event.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you have BOTH "Web page guest access" enabled in the options AND the "Web Page Guests Can Trigger" box checked for the event that controls the device you want to control? If both are checked, it seems like it should work (although I haven't tried it). Maybe one of the techs can give an answer.

If it doesn't work putting the guest:guest@ in the button, maybe your button could link to a small popup that has the controls for the guest triggerable event on it, that seems like it should work.

Also, if you link to the &gt;asp pages with guest:guest@ in the link, the access tothem SHOULD be seemles to you guests. I don't have it setup like that myself, but I've visited the pages of several of our fellow HomeSeer users that have it setup like that and I've had password-prompt-free acces (and I could see the http://guest:guest@... in the status bar before I clicked their links).

Hope I was of some help.

My HomeSeer
                    John
                    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

i had both buttons checked and it still dosnt like it even when i enter guest and guest into the main passwor dpop up box.

remember i have also written my own web pages for hs mostly in .asp

i am not using the built in pages

Comment

Try using the SecureLinks ASP programs by Jeff Farmer. I think this will give you much more flexibility. I think it is the best web interface package for HomeSeer.

regards,

GenevaDude

http://AutomatedHome.org

Comment

Why don't you allow only the (static) IP-adress of the other webserver? Not a password but pretty secure.

Grtz,
                          Dutch

Comment

Not quite ASP, but I've got a java applet that sends a command to the HS server (XP Pro) from my Linux box running my website.... so you absolutely can have events and modules trigger from the web.

I can't take credit for the code, I snagged it from Warcorp about a year or so ago.

You can see in action at this page, if anyone is interested I'll toss the stuff into an email.

Are you still in Orlando, CBL? If so, I might be willing to exchange physical labor for automation tricks. Your old place was tight, I'm definately envious.

[This message was edited by Sacarino on Sun, 28 September 2003 at 12:13 AM.]

Comment

Yes and if you think the old place was tight the new place has even more posibilities, and I am always open to having people help on the projects and I am sure you would pick up a lat of insite and information while you did.

Today we are starting to lay out the plans for the new home theater. its not going to be as grand as the one at the old house but I did notice 2 things about it,
                              1: it wasnt used as much as I thought it would be

2: when it was used there were usually only 2-3 people in there at a time,

so this one will be smaller and will also be combined with being a guest room as well, the couches can turn into beds.

One thing i want to incoporate into it , and the technoligy has finally caught upto my ideas
                              is the video phone. I am looking at the i to eye video phone since i can use the projector as the screen and the regular spekers. it also uses an IR remote so i can tie it into the homeseer system and control it from a touchpad. its stand alone but uses standard protocols so you should be able to useit with a computer on the other end.

Other projects i am still working on:

*More speakers , particually in the bathrooms and outside in the back yard

an lcd monitor in the master bathtub and by the outside hottub for watching tv and other dvd's

quick selects in the gym to load up workout videos and music.

desiging the alarm system into homeseer

FINALLY getting around to interfaceing th ephone system with homeseer

Comment

Working...
                              X