How to recover from "The page cannot be displayed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to recover from "The page cannot be displayed"

I have several Touchpads that are looking at the HomeSeer status page. However, if Homeseer gets restarted, all their Internet Explorers give the "The page cannot be displayed".

What I am hoping for is to have these pages relook again in say 30 seconds looking for HomeSeer to restart.

Is "The page cannot be displayed" a webpage I can find on the system that I can modify to include:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" CONTENT="30; URL=http://homeseer.server.com/">

Thank you in advance.

HomeSeer Page: http://wrb.tzo.com (Guest access closed until HS 1.7)
    Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
    512 MB RAM PC2700
    3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
    Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
    ATTNV Crystal 16
    Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
    mcs Temperature (Works great!)
    mcs Guardian Angel Version 1.2 (Works great!)
    Video / Captures with ConquerCam (Separate Computer)
    NetCallerID

~Bill

A client and server need to be alive to keep the handshake going. If your touchpad also has an integrated server such as exists on Audrey, then when homeseer restart it could make a push request to get the handshake started again.

The problem occurs because you use the meta refresh on the visible frame. If you used a hidden frame with javascript running periodically then this can be overcome, but the setup to make a visible/hidden frame is a little more work.

Comment

Which page are you viewing in particular? There is a setting in HS options Web Server tab that you can set the refresh rate for HS generated pages?

-Rupp
      Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Correct, but if you reboot HomeSeer, you loose the connection between the web browser and the server (HomeSeer) and I wind up with three Touchpads that display "The page cannot be displayed".

I was looking for a way to restart that.

Unless somebody has another flash of insight, I think I will end up doing what Michael said and run a local webserver on the RDP for the touchpads that hosts a webpage that has a frame in it that is the HS webpage in it.

That way the main page and local webserver will keep running and it will re-establish that HomeSeer page.

HomeSeer Page: http://wrb.tzo.com (Guest access closed until HS 1.7)
        Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
        512 MB RAM PC2700
        3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
        Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
        ATTNV Crystal 16
        Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
        mcs Temperature (Works great!)
        mcs Guardian Angel Version 1.2 (Works great!)
        Video / Captures with ConquerCam (Separate Computer)
        NetCallerID

~Bill

Comment

I'm tired and wasn't thinking that if the connection is severed then there is no way it could refresh. The frames page idea is a good one. There are programs to do this as well but I couldn't quickly find one using google.

-Rupp
          Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X