Opening new IE window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening new IE window

When adding links to the top of the HomeSeer page, I have added in links to frequently used sites that I go to, which has raised a few questions.

Is it possible to visit those sites so that the HomeSeer headings remain at the top of the page while displaying your linked site underneath(similar to when you visit links for hotmail.

Failing that, is it possible to click the link and have it open in a new window rather than replace Homeseer in the current window?

Thanks,

- SPYguy
    ... You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi

SPYGuy,

Here is one way:

<A HREF="http://www.google.com" TARGET=_blank>Google</A>

I have a link for HomeSeer help that I open up in a new window like this:

<A HREF="../webhelp/homeseer.htm" TARGET=_blank>Help</A>

You can also get creative with popup windows (and a lot of people turn them off because of popup ads) by opening to a specific size, remove scroll bars and menu bars along with other options. Here is a tool that I like to use that creates the html for you:
    http://www.echoecho.com/toolpopupgenerator.htm

If you want to see a sample of it in action and view the source, feel free to drop on in at my place and go to movies/our DVDs. Click on a DVD cover and a popup window will open which gives full details of that movie. Click on an actor in that popuup window and a smaller popup will appear and all the movies by that actor will be displayed. Or click on a director and a new window will open listing the movies by that director. Click on a movie that is listed in the actor or director small popups and the big popup will refresh to show you the full details of that movie.

Hope this helps.

Joe
    HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

This did exactly what I was looking for.

Really liked your web page. Is the DVD asp the one currently available on the HomeSeer message board? The reason I ask is the version that I have has info pop up on the movie but doesn't have actor/director pop-up.

- SPYguy
      ... You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi

Comment

As of today, the scripts on the message board are newer than the one in the Updater.

Tom Caldwell (who started the DVD collection script), myself, and a couple others are combining our efforts to come up with one package. The next release will be available via the Updater and I'm guessing we'll be ready in a week or so. It will include what you saw today plus a couple other nice functions. Stay tuned...

Joe
        HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

Working...
        X