IR control image buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR control image buttons

I would like to use actual images of my various components' remote controls in place of the stock HTML buttons that display when controlling IR devices via the web interface.

I've accurately sliced up the remotes in to several .gif images and strategically assigned them to the keys of the individual IR devices and organized them into rows and columns.

My problem is that when Homeseer renders the webpage for the device, it assigns a "colspan=2" to each <td> tag in the table, causing the horizontal spacing to padded which throws off the effect. The vertical spacing is perfect, however.

Is there a way to have Homeseer not place the colspan attribute in the tag? I've looked, and I'm pretty sure you can't. I'm just wondering if anyone else is doing something like this and what they've done to work-around the issue.

Personally, I'd like a Homeseer option to control the rendering of the IR device's HTML more precisely...

Dennis

Are you referring to the page you get by clicking the Control button on the /stat page?

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes, I think...

When you set up an IR device and assign keys to that device, you can define a path to an image for each key as well as describe a layout for the keys in rows and columns.

Comment

When I look at source for the remote control page this is what I see.
        I would check your style sheet for the class irbuttoncell.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        &lt;td colspan="1" class="irbuttoncell"&gt;
        </pre>

Add this to the style sheet.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        .irbuttoncell
        {
        padding-left: 0px;
        padding-right: 0px;
        }
        </pre>

This is will remove the padding on the cells and allow the buttons to slide together.

Here is a screen capture from one of my remotes.

Jeff Farmer
        HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

perfect...

Thanks!
          Dennis

Comment

yo,
            I tried this trick , but I'm not useing custom buttons just the one that are auto created. I am still getting padding,
            will this only work with custom buttons?
            I added it at the end of style.css page,is this the correct ?

.irbuttoncell
            {
            padding-left: 0px;
            padding-right: 0px;
            }

Comment

Working...
            X