now the lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now the lights?

The pop up window works for the camera click.
    take a look at 24.100.131.40:8080
    guest:guest for log in, password.
    go to "House view"
    I can now click on the little blue cameras ( there are three) and see the webcam.

They all see the same webcam so how can I adjust the HTML script so that I click on the top cam and get the bedroom(A6), the left cam and get the hall(A7) and the lower right cam and get the familyroom(A5)?
    I would like to be able to click on the lights to turn on the lights in that room and change the light_off.gif to a light_on.gif.

The man and dog running around represent motion detected. I would like the gif to be hidden until motion is detected and then show the manrun.gif.

I love homeseer but I'm just not a programer.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Have you seen UltraView? It does something similar to what yo are doing but in a automated way. It allows you to control your lights, tstats, etc.

-Rupp
    Isn't Disney World a people trap operated by a mouse?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Below is a webcam popout test page that has some simple ways of doing click controls. One uses html click links and the other uses a java menu type of setup. The java setup has one bug where changing the local cable channel will only submit once in a row. The work around is to click the local cable then clich the channel up to reset the channel up submit click. Seems the java won't submit the same request two times in a row.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/vpop.htm
      Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

zoomcat,

Lots of good electronic info on your site. I'll have to drop by again and do some more reading.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> zoomcat writes:
        Seems the java won't submit the same request two times in a row. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Java isn't the problem, it's the drop down box and HTML. If you view the source of the video source menu, you will find:

&lt;select size="0" onChange="DropDownMenu(this)" name="D1"&gt;

So the code will fire only when the selected item is a "new" item. I would think buttons would work much better than a drop down box for channel control.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe
        HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

Thanks for the "onchange" tip. I did a quick test and it seems that changing onchange to onclick may make the channel change work as desired. I've tested using buttons, but the menu setup seems to be the most compact space saving setup, especially for the individual pan tilt positions. This is mostly an exercise in making a servo control panel with out having to have a $$$ copy VB pro. Right now it seems that it all can be done with a copy of apache and notepad.
          Why I like my 2005 rio yellow Honda S2000 with the top down, and more!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> zoomcat writes:
            Right now it seems that it all can be done with a copy of apache and notepad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

metapad kicks notepads' heinie big time.

Joe
            HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

Working...
            X