Control Device from a URL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Device from a URL...

Is there an easy way to turn on "z4" in a url.. like http://localhost/z4on.. (I don't think it will be that simple though) I want to add a favorite in IE and everytime I goto the favorite it will turn on the virtual device. Thanks...

If you download the Command line version of Hs this is very possible. Look on the HST site for the command line executable.

-Rupp
    Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

just make a text file in your homeseer/html directory with an .asp extension (i.e. "z4on.asp")
      put the following line of code in it
      <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
      &lt;%hs.execx10 "z4", "on"%&gt;
      </pre>

if you don't want to actually open a page, you can add a java command to cause your browser to go back to the page you're currently on. (the new page will open and then your browser will automatically hit the back button) Just add the following lines after the line above

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">&lt;SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"&gt;
      history.back();
      &lt;/SCRIPT&gt;</pre>

or you can put a message after the "%&gt;" like "Z4 turned on"
      It wouldn't be pretty, just plain black text on a white background.

then just go to http://localhost/z4on.asp

Comment

That asp worked great... Thanks..

Comment

Would it be possible, when a Web page expects some input, to redirect the coresponding data from a file into the URL, in the same fashion as input can be redirected from a file into a program (instead of the program getting the input from the keyboard).

This would help me a great deal.

Thanks for any idea.
          Regards
          JCT

Comment

This is why ASP pages were invented. Post your scenario and maybe we can give you a poke in the right direction.

-Rupp
            Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Basically, I am dealing with a web page from the phone company that gives me access to the functions to manage the behaviour of my "single number reach" service.

This opening page asks me to enter a phone number and a password and click on a button. Since I have more than one such service, I would really appreciate being able to just create a shortcut (or a "favorite")for each of these two services to bypass the initial page.

BTW security is not an issue.

Thank you for your interest.
              I'll thank you much more if you come up with the/a solution.

Regards
              JCT

Comment

Working...
              X