Web page forces password request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web page forces password request

I am running a web page ahead of homeseers web interface. This page is forcing a request for a password even though I have guest allowed and no password.

When I use a simple html page this request does not occur.

any suggestions?

Train camera

The password is run/run

BTW to see a light turn on and off go to the camera and go to preset #8. You will see a small flood light near the center of the picture. This is the light homeseer is controlling. I have a wall switch on order and will install for the room lights when it get here.

Thanks

John

[This message was edited by jnshankland on Fri, 21 November 2003 at 10:04 AM.]

Do you have the option "Home page is not passwword protected" checked on the View > Options >web server tab > advanced button?

-Rupp
    Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rupp,

Yes, I do have the no password required for the homepage checked.

As previously mentioned if I use a simple html page the password request does not occur.

Therefore I think that something in the code of the homepage must be triggering the request.

John N Shankland

Comment

I can't get to the page listed in the first thread but if you are using an event to turn on a light this is probably the culprit.

-Rupp
        Why don't they just make mouse-flavored cat food?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

Yes, I am using an event instead of a device. Why is this a problem?

I was playing with this during the day so that might be the reason you couldn't get in.

http://jnstrains.no-ip.info:8082

Thanks again,

John N Shankland

Comment

I was unable to fix the problem but thanks to a suggestion from Shane I am using a work around. I am sending the guest password with the link. When I need to get into homeseer remotely I will use a different link. No harm done, I was going to allow guests in anyway.

Thanks for trying

John N Shankland

Comment

Working...
            X