No announcement yet.

How to access Homeseer from Internet with network of several systems at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to access Homeseer from Internet with network of several systems at home

How would I access homeseer from the internet if I have several PC's in my network? I have 3 PC's with a unit that just runs homeseer in the corner. I would like to access this system from my office (I can access from inside my network from any system using local ip 192.168.0.*). How do I open this PC to the Internet without using a DMZ (security concerns)? Would I use the ip of my isp with the ip of my local system (including port)?

Pick a port for HomeSeer web interface to run on. People prefer something like 8080 or 8181. I use port 80 with no problems. Be sure enable web server is checked.

Set your HS PC with a static LAN IP address. Reboot if necessary.

Go into your router and select port forwarding.

Type in you HS PC static IP address and select the port that you are running the HS web interface on, save your changes.

From the internet, use the IP address of your WAN (cable modem, DSL whatever broadband you are using)

If that does not work, here are some possible reasons:
    1) Your work has that port you picked blocked. Try port 80, almost all work has that one open.
    2) Your ISP is not letting you run a server by blocking that port. Try another.
    3) You don't have a firewall router and you are nuts for not having one.

If you want to do this, get a DNS service that will track your changing IP address though a small client software. I use TZO at TZO.com . They charge but I have NEVER had a problem with it. Others on the board use I think no-ip.com.

Good luck.

HS 1.6.150 HSP 2.0.146
    Pentium 4 1.8 GHz
    512 MB RAM PC2700
    3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
    Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
    NeoSpeech Kate 16
    Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
    mcs Temperature (Works great!)
    mcs Guardian Angel Version 1.2 (Works great!)
    NetCallerID Box

~Bill

Comment

Working...
    X