Homeseer takes home network down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer takes home network down

I enabled Homeseer to run as a web page on my main PC so I could access it from any PC on my home network (Win XP w 100-Enet hard wired).

This works fine, but when Homeseer is loaded (either active or in the tray) it prohibits other netowrk functionality from working, such as using Windows Explorer to access files on a remote computer.

Any ideas why?

Right click on my computer and select manage.
    Select the services.

Disable the Webclient service.

Do that and see if that solves your problem. Webclient is well renown as the culprit in Win/XP for weird delay and access problems.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I guess you are running your web server on port 80 and you are using HS 1.6.00. Am I right?

If I am, change either of those (port 8080 etc or upgrade to latest HS version via the updater) and that prob will go away.

HS 1.6.175 HSP 1.0.71
      Pentium 4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
      512 MB Dual Write RAM
      3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
      Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
      NeoSpeech Kate 16
      Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
      mcs Temperature (Works great!)
      NetCallerID Box

~Bill

Comment

Do you recommend that disabling regardless of having HS problems? Will that 'speed up' XP file access in general.

Thanks man!

HS 1.6.175 HSP 1.0.71
        Pentium 4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
        512 MB Dual Write RAM
        3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
        Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
        NeoSpeech Kate 16
        NetCallerID Box

~Bill

Comment

My theory is, If it works don't mess with it. I have never had a problem with web or LAN access. I just remembered a thread a few months back where this cleared up several users web access problems.

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I reloaded XP on another computer several times while running HS 1.6 on my 'file storage' computer thinking it was the XP box locking up. It was the combination on my HS box running HomeSeer 1.6 with my web server on port 80 that caused the locking up ON THE OTHER COMPUTER.

Cruise through the updater's release notes, it (at least used to) mention a fix after release 1.6, port 80, and File Sharing.

QUOTE: In the revision history on the HS web site it says that version 1.6.1 "fixed problem with Windows XP and filesharing locking up on remote computers when HS web server was running on port 80." I have been fighting this problem for quite some time and was glad to see the fix.

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...4&m=5126011513

HS 1.6.175 HSP 1.0.71
            Pentium 4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
            512 MB Dual Write RAM
            3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
            Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
            NeoSpeech Kate 16
            NetCallerID Box

[This message was edited by William Brower on Mon, 05 January 2004 at 10:33 PM.]

~Bill

Comment

Working...
            X