sudden web access problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sudden web access problems

All of a sudden, I am having trouble getting HS web access outside my LAN. My home page frequently only displays partial images and often times out. I tried changing ports, clearing my cache and other basic ideas, and am stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Narrowed this down to the jpegs on the welcome page not loading properly. Anyone have thoughts?

Comment

Have you tried opening the jpegs in another app and resaving them. Maybe they have gotten corrupt somehow? Just a shot in the dark.

-Rupp

{{{{{{{{{{ Remember the reason for the season }}}}}}}}}}
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

But no go. Even tried making new jpegs. It's weird, because if I remove my custom home page, it loads fine. It just seems to bog down on jpegs, sometimes loading part, sometimes just that little icon loads. It's almost as if the HS server isn't working properly.

Comment

Does a reboot clear it up for a while?

-Rupp

{{{{{{{{{{ Remember the reason for the season }}}}}}}}}}
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I will try a defrag, maybe it's having to look around the hard drive too much???

Comment

This is very similar to a problem I posted in another topic. I first noticed that icons were not loading and other formatting elements were inconsistent when using HS server inside my router. Then I found that when I try from outside my LAN, it got even worse, where the page would be truncated. Only half loaded. I think these may be the same things. I wonder if a recent release of HS somehow caused problems with the web server aspect.

Comment

I'm still having issues - but it is better. I use a welcome page which I had 3 images on. I edited it down to 1 for faster loading. Funny thing is, the old one sometimes loads! No, it is not a cache issue on either machine. Also, I have a slideshow page in which all the images were compressed down to 15kb or less somehow, so now they don't display properly. Lucky I have a backup. Something is not right with the HS Server.

Comment

Working...
                X