No announcement yet.

HS Webserver truncating pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this is a little OT and I don't want to hijack this thread too much, but...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Anderson:
    Good catch on the PowerChute software. I just checked mine and also had nearly 50,000 handles open from that one process. I'm downloading version 1.3.1 from APC, and will let you know if it behaves better.
    Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have trouble accessing the APC site from my home PC (some US sites don't like my IP address) so I had given up on trying to upgrade the software. I reactivated windows' native UPS service, and it has just about all the features the APC software does with a much smaller footprint!

John | My HomeSeer | HomeSeer Webring | See My Profile for system configuration
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

And to get somewhat back on topic, I have discovered a couple more facts about this problem.

One is that the problem may have something to do with the stylesheet. On several occasions, I have seen the web page load nearly all the way, properly formatted, and then at the last instant, it refreshes into an improperly formatted version (bare text, no colors, rudimentary tables), or even reverting to a 404 error page. This would seem to have something to do with the stylesheet rendering, would be my guess. I have also seen instances where a page will refresh itself several times during downloading. Especially the Events page, which on occasion I have seen refresh itself dozens of times during the loading process. And sometimes it is properly formatted, other times not.

The second is that the problem does seem to be correlated to the page size, though not 100%. I have noticed that very long pages, like the log page, when it has grown a bit, or the help page, will NEVER load properly. But smaller pages, like the status page or the control page, will be hit or miss.

Do these tidbits give anyone any other clues what the problem may be? I'd really like to avoid the terror of upgrading my OS if I can avoid it, especially when I am not guaranteed that it will fix this problem.

BT

By the way, if anyone wants to have a look-see themselves, the address is beachbt.dyndns.org:443. (It is not protected, so I ask you not to drive the dogs nuts by turning the lights on and off. )

[This message was edited by beachbum on Sun, 11 January 2004 at 01:04 PM.]

Comment

What version of the file cswsk32.ocx do you have on your machine?

-Rupp

What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Have you tried using a fressh .css file in place of your current?

John
          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Rupp,

My CSWSK32.OCX is version 3.60.3600.

Jrfuda,

No, and I'm not sure where/how I would go about getting a fresh .css file.

BT

Comment

I'd post mine, but I've fiddled with it a bit, and I'm at work so it'll be about 4 hours before I can post it.

If no one posts one by the time I get home, I'll post mine, but your results will look a little different than the default homeseer file (I think it's called style.css ????)

John

Comment

See this thread that sounds exactly like your problem...

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...186#7702965186

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

That sounds EXACTLY like my problem. However, the ftp link to the cswsk32.zip file is no good. So I can't verify that the solution works. Frustrating. So close.... Can someone please either email me the file, or post it here as an attachment?

Thanks
                  BT

Comment

Good news. I looked on an old computer which I used to have HS installed on, and the cswsk32.ocx on that computer was the correct version. So I copied that one to my server, and for good measure copied the style.css from the other thread. And so far, within my local network on the router, IT WORKS!!! I'll try it externally from work tomorrow, but I'm very optimistic because the results locally are dramatically better. Perfect loading every time so far. Thanks.

BT

Comment

Just an update. Although changing the cswsk32.ocx file version made dramatic improvements when browsing in my local LAN inside the router, I have so far been unable to connect at all from outside my home (from work). I get a "TCP/IP Processing Failure" error after some delay. I don't THINK this is related, but it seems awfully coincidental. I will wait a few more days, since this is normally associated with network traffic and other network errors. I got this error going to one other (out of many) addresses from my work location.

I had someone else try the address from a different external location, and they, too, got the non-response error. It is strangely coincidental that this starts happening just as I changed the CSWSK32 file, and it never happened before. Oddly, when I try from my phone, to Wapseer, I get through just fine.

[This message was edited by beachbum on Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:42 PM.]

Comment

I seem to be having a conversation with myself here, but I'll keep the dialog going, in case anyone else ever has similar problems. I have tracked down the TCP/IP Processing Failures. The problem is ZoneAlarm. If I shut off ZoneAlarm, the problem goes away. I do not know why I didn't have the problem with ZoneAlarm before. Maybe changing the CSWSK32.ocx changed the way that ZoneAlarm recognizes HomeSeer server. Or maybe I just accidentally had ZoneAlarm turned off before. The curious thing is that ZoneAlarm did not give me any alerts when I tried these attempts to access that failed. Even though I had ZA configured to both log and alert such things.

Anyone else run into problems with ZoneAlarm and external access?

Comment

Plus its not all that useful with a router in place.

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                          X