Button Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button Size

I am in the process of using HACT for my touchscreen and I am trying to use buttons to control things. I am using the following:

<form method="POST">
    <input type="hidden" name="control_device" value="bed/bath amp amp channel 94.1--94.5=off"><p><input
    type="submit" value="94.5" name="anything"> </p>
    </td>
    </form>

Is there a way to change the size of the button that is being created?
    Thanks.

Add a class to the button and you can set all kinds of properties.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    &lt;input type="submit" class="mybutton" value="94.5" name="anything"&gt;
    </pre>

Then in your style sheet add this
    .mybutton
    {
    height: 25px;
    width: 55px;
    }
    </pre>

The advantage to putting it in the style sheet is if you want to be able to change every button with the class mybutton from one place. Make a change to the style sheet and every page that has that class on it changes.

If you only have one place for each style then you can use the style attribute rather than putting anything in the style sheet.

&lt;input type="submit" style="height: 30px; width: 30px;" value="94.5" name="anything"&gt;
    </pre>

Here is a good list of values for style sheets.

http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/...css_index.html

I would really recomend that you look into the styles. You can do so much with the use of styles. All of the HomeSeer built in pages have lots of style sheet classes on them so you can customize them.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I have only been using them a short while myself. CFGuy is right about them. They really help a lot in terms of standardizing and reducing your work effort to build your pages. You need to stop, go buy a book on style sheets (or web review it), and spend some time understanding them. You will save a lot of time in the future maintaining your pages.

Here's some styles I use for buttons

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">.buttonStd, .buttonSmall, .buttonWide,
      .buttonExtraWide, .buttonNav, .buttonNavReadOnly {
      width: 75 ;
      height: 25 ;
      color: #000000;
      background-color: #CCCCCC;
      }
      .buttonSmall {
      width: 50 ;
      }
      .buttonWide {
      width: 125 ;
      }
      .buttonExtraWide {
      width: 150 ;
      }
      .buttonNav, .buttonNavReadOnly {
      height: 22 ;
      width: 140 ;
      }
      .buttonNavReadOnly {
      background-color: #999999;
      color: #444444;
      } </pre>

Makes it very easy to correct the look and sizing on things as the pages develop.

SteveP

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
      The REAL Pledge of Allegiance

Comment

Style Sheets were introduced with HTML 4. Earlier browsers, and in particular Audrey, do not know what a style sheet is. The way that I get different button sizes on Audrey is to use .gif/jpg files and these can be size externally or in the web page with width and height attributes.

Comment

I tried the style sheets and it appears that like Michael said my Audrey might not be able to use them as nothing changed. Again thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X