Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show off your HS web pages here...

Looking for ideas.

Now that I have some time, I would like to make my HS page a little less generic and looking to see what others have done to get a few ideas.

Don
    www.k9soa.net
    Home of "JEANNIE"
    The House That Listens
    Seen on HGTV, Home Automation and Kentucky Living Magazines

Here's a piccy of mine.

I'm using UltraView, but only the status part. I've had to change some of it, but I'm happy with the result. The only trouble is, I'm running out of space to fit things on the screen
    Attached Files

Comment

User: guest
      Pass: guest

-Tom

Visit my HomeSeer at http://68.55.68.192:81 (New Guest Downloads!)

[This message was edited by Tom Kern on Tue, 30 December 2003 at 10:10 AM.]
      -Tom

Visit Kernhome
      Kern Theater Gallery

(User: guest / Pass: guest)

Comment

Tom, the link only displays Unauthorized... never prompts for username and pw.

I also tried:
        http://guest:guest@68.55.67.82:81/
        - same result

--
        Aaron

Comment

My HomeSeer was "not responding" during the timeframe you tried to access. Give it a try now. Should be up...

-Tom

[This message was edited by Tom Kern on Tue, 30 December 2003 at 10:11 AM.]
          -Tom

Visit Kernhome
          Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

I am relatively new to Homeseer and have had to take an enforced 2 month break from tinkering for work related reasons

Credit where credit is due, on this page I am using

Jon00's UK TV now and next, email and UK weather scripts
            Jim Doolittle's menu
            Frank Perricome's Network monitor and clock scripts
            Style sheet based on that from MP3mystic
            and a few bits and pieces of my own

(apologies to anyone I have missed out and thanks to all here who share)

Kevin

[This message was edited by kev_t on Sat, 06 December 2003 at 11:08 AM.]
            Attached Files

Comment

Tom, your site is sweet. I am looking at getting HS, but wanted to know how hard is it to modify the web pages so I can use my HP PocketPC (with WiFi) device. As you know the screen is small on these devices. So I can't put to much stuff on the page. Any thoughts

Comment

There is a free set of pages made just for handhelds. Here's the link:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&m=5416002143

-Rupp

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks! Don't use any of the small devices yet, but maybe Rupp's link will give you some ideas...

-Tom

[This message was edited by Tom Kern on Tue, 30 December 2003 at 10:04 AM.]
                  -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                  Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

I use a PDA with Wifi from work with some simple asp pages I got from this board. Here is the thread http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...4&m=3322968835. The pages are simple but work really well with my Toshiba PDA. If you want to see what they look like got to childress.ods.org and select PDA Status from the menu bar. Login is guest and guest.

Frank

[This message was edited by Frank Childress on Mon, 15 December 2003 at 08:32 PM.]

Comment

Wow! Your page is great! I have been fooling around, and I am very new. Is there a step by step instruction on how to set up a page like yours, Tom? I am really good with computers, and I would love to try it! I think you used ultra status, from reading the board. If you did, how do you set it up? I took a look at the setup.html, but it seemed a little confusing. Is there a better set of instructions? Thanks.

Comment

Are you guys with the "All In One" screens using some scripts that are consolidating everything for you or are you doing those by hand?

--
                        Aaron

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I know it seems confusing but it really just takes some playing around with until to understand how everything works. The Quickview screen you see on some of our sites was definitely a challenge. I would start with the rest of your site first. I would start by downloading a few asp pages you are interested in and open them up in notepad (or download the free VBSEditor from my site). Follow the code and try to get familiar with what its doing. Pretty soon you'll be cusomizing all kinds of scripts and pages. As for the ultraview setup, I just kind of fumbled my way through the different files referenced in the code until I got all the pieces down. I don't think UltraJones wrote it with a configurator in mind, but we can all help if you run into problems.

-Tom

[This message was edited by Tom Kern on Tue, 30 December 2003 at 10:04 AM.]
                          -Tom

Visit Kernhome
                          Kern Theater Gallery

Comment

Tom,

I want to be able to see my recent calls, the weather, monitor my alarm (dsc power 832), and that's it to start. I know html. I can probably figure out whatever language there is, but it takes a lot of time. Where did you download ultraview? Did you install the whole suite, or just ultra status? I have so many questions I don't know where to begin. I am trying so hard to get it to work, but nothing yet. Thanks for taking the time to write me. I'll keep at it.

Comment

Tom,

Could you post your Ultra_view.asp code? I'm interested in how you coded for some of you display.

Thanks, Judd

Comment

Working...
                              X